carsick

"Amelia and Chris, are you almost ready?" I hear Nick say from downstairs.

The triplets and I were going from Massachusetts to Connecticut. This was gonna be almost a three hour drive.

Matt and Nick were sitting at the island, picking snacks and stuffing them into bags as Chris and I came downstairs with our bags.

"Did you pack nerds?" Chris says

"Yes, I got all of our favorites in one." Nick replies.

As a quick snack, I popped a waffle into the toaster and spread butter on it. Chris took my bag and shoved it out in the trunk with his. Nick and Matt went around the house making sure everything was off and unplugged, Chris was still out in the car, and I just scrolled through Instagram.

"Alright, are we ready? We got blankets, pillows, food, drinks, chargers, earbuds, aux cord, ibuprofen, and tylenol." Matt comes upstairs, looking at his phone.

"I think so, it sounds like we are." I reply.

"Okay!" He says with a strong grin.

We all made our way out to the car with Matt locking the door behind us. Matt obviously sat in the drivers seat, Chris sat in the passenger seat, Nick sat behind Matt, and I sat behind Chris. I wrapped myself up in a blanket, already trying to get some rest because I decided to wake up very early for no simple reason.

"Yo Matt can we stop at McDonald's or something" Nick says, half an hour into the drive.

"Yeah, i'm kinda hungry too"

I was scrolling on tiktok with my AirPods in. I looked up to see Nick looking at Matt, who was focused on the road, and Chris who was passed out.

"Amelia, do you want Mcdonalds?" Nick asks me.

"Yeah, sure!"

Nick pulls forward, tapping Chris on the shoulder.

"Hm" he says.

"Do you want food?"

"Sure"

Matt pulls in at McDonald's and we all hop out to go inside.

I walk to the bathroom and sat in the stall. I started getting a random sick feeling in my stomach. I place my head in my hands, my leg starts bouncing, and I start sweating.

Matt's POV:

I get done ordering for myself and Nick is behind me, then Chris. Amelia.

"Where's Amelia?" I ask.

"I don't know" Chris says, shrugging.

I try to call her but she doesn't even pick up. I know she's in the restaurant but I'd rather call her then look around for her.

"Chill Matt, she might be in the bathroom."

"Who's in the bathroom for 10 minutes."

"Me if I have to go that bad"

"Okay besides that."

We all get done ordering and I order Amelia's food for her too.

"order 47?"

I walk over and pick up our food, lay it on the table, and walk back over to the counter.

"Hey, can you go check on my friend in the girls bathroom?"

"Yeah sure!"

"Okay thank you"

Amelia's POV:

I'm sitting on the floor, panicking, for no reason. I feel sick to my stomach. I'm trying to stand up but everytime I use my stomach muscles, I get an sharp pain in the middle. I hear the door of the bathroom open.

"Hello?" I hear the voice say.

"Hello?" I say out of breath.

Out of nowhere, the stall opens and I face a girl with light brown hair and eyes.

"Are you okay sweetie? There was someone looking for you out there, he sent me in here."

"Oh yeah that's my brother. Don't tell him you found me like this, he would laugh right in my face."

"This is just between you and I sweetie."

"Okay thank you."

She helps me up and wipes my face with a wet paper towel.

We walk out of the restroom and the employee gives me a bottle of water.

"Where were you Amelie, I was worried sick."

"I was j-just going to the bathroom."

"For almost 20 minutes?!" Nick barges in.

"Chill out Nick."

We sit in the booths and eat our food in silence. At least for Matt and I. Chris and Nick had decided to argue about salty and plain fries.

"You feelin okay?" Matt budges me.

I rub my forehead on my hand and look at the kid's blue eyes.

"Yeah"

We walk out to the car and sit in the seats we were in earlier. Matt starts to drive again and Nick, Chris, and I were all knocked out  25 minutes into the drive. I suddenly wake up with the urge to get sick.

"Matt, can you pull over right now?"

"What's up?"

"I'm gonna throw up."

He looks back at me for a split second and then back at the road.

"Yeah"

We pull over as I quickly open the car door and throw up my McDonald's into the nearby field. I hear another door slam and Matt comes around. He grabs my hair and holds it back, as I throw up for the 3rd time today.

"Is this what you were doing in the bathroom at McDonalds?"

"I was on the verge of-" I say, interrupted by another wave of vomit.

"Oh Amelia, are you okay?"

"It don't look like it so no"

"Okay"

"What's going on?" Chris says

"She got carsick, she's been like this since we got in McDonald's earlier."

I get done puking my guts up and sit back in my seat.

"You're gonna be okay. Just drink water, take deep breaths, don't think about throwing up, and if you do, there's a bag behind you."

"Okay thank you Matt. I love you"

"I love you more, Melia"

We finish off the rest of the road trip with Chris sleeping, Nick scrolling through TikTok, Matt looking back and checking on me every 5-10 minutes or so, and I had slept for the rest of the ride.

WC - 977