fifteen.

ִ ࣪𖤐

ִ ࣪𖤐

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION. That's where we were headed. I was walking through the arcade with Belly and Taylor as we took a quick break.

"I just have to say, Stella, watching you beat Conrad like that... it was exhilarating." Belly nudged my shoulder. "I mean, after everything he put you through? It was great to watch, I can't imagine how it felt."

I shrug. "No, no. We're fine! We're friends, even. It was lighthearted and fun."

"Oh, you guys can just have fun together casually, now?" Taylor jumped in and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Yes, we can."

"Really?" Belly tilted her head.

"Yes, really." I mocked her, then caught up with Conrad as I saw him walking ahead of us. "Hey, hotshot." I settled next to him, smiling. He was about to speak, but I interrupted saying, "Oh, wait. No, that's not you anymore. I think I've rightfully earned that title."

Conrad scoffs playfully. "Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah, I think so. You're going down, unfortunately." I say nonchalantly as we continue to walk through the arcade.

"Are you sure about that? 'Cause if you're sure, I mean, I'd be willing to make a little side bet." Conrad suggests smugly.

"Yeah? Keep talking."

"I was just thinking, if you wanted, um— maybe whichever one of us loses has to ride the Tower of Terror." Conrad states.

My brows raise as I laugh. "You know, you used to cry every time you looked at that thing." Conrad stuttered, but I just shook my head. "I'm very excited to see it happen again."

"Okay. You're on, hotshot."

I smiled softly as he walked further in front of me. He made it so hard not to love him. I mean, I didn't love him anymore. Loved. I loved him. I shook the thoughts of Conrad and love from my head and met the rest of the group at the next game.

"My moves are legendary." Jere says confidently.

I look to my team, eyeing Skye and Belly. "Now, we could do this rock, paper, scissors style. Or I could just pick Skye and get it over with."

"Hey." Belly slaps my arm.

"Belly, you needed hours of practice to perfect the deb ball dances. You have two left feet."

Belly sighs. "Skye? You're up."

"Probably not a great idea if we want to win."

"You'll be great. It's like, math with your feet. And trust me when I say we do not want Belly to play this one." I widen my eyes and tilt my head, indicating that she's not great at math or dancing coordination.