six.

࣪𖤐

࣪𖤐

THE NEXT MORNING ROLLED AROUND, AND I WAS OFF DOING MY JOB. It was around 9am, and I was currently in the country club again.

Today was a dancing rehearsal with all of the escorts, so the room was filled with the girls in pretty dresses plus their escorts in suits. I'm standing off in the corner as the debutantes practice their dance steps. I've already taken some footage of them rehearsing, but I decided to save space for when they were all rehearsing at the same time.

My mind started to drift off into thoughts about Conrad as I watched the couples dance. I couldn't believe that we had kissed. I couldn't believe that I had basically rejected him ( for the moment ).

I really liked Conrad Fisher.

After I'd gone to bed last night, I took time to think over everything. The way that my stomach flipped when he would look at me, how my chest would warm when he would touch me. Looking back at the last couple of weeks, I had noticed just how many times Conrad and I had been flirty with each other.

As long as he set everything straight with Nicole, we'd be perfect.

"Attention, everyone."

Paige walked in with another woman by her side, and everyone stopped what they were doing to look at her. "Please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, Ms. Covington, all the way from Ms. Covington's School of Ballroom Dance in Newton."

The room erupted in applause, and I brought my camera up so I could take a few candids. "Thank you, Paige. As you all know, the waltz is the most highly anticipated part of the ball. So, please join your partners now..." She motions for everyone to get ready, and I take a few pictures. "And we will begin with fundamentals, starting with the box step."

Ms. Covington continued to lead the couples through the simple dance, and I started to move and take video footage. I tried my best to avoid hitting the dancing couples, weaving my way in and out like I was dancing too.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jeremiah walk in and swoop in with Belly. I shake my head and continue my filming. I get a few shots of Jere and Belly, so I could save them to show Susannah later. I had been thinking about doing a side project for her where I compiled the shots of Belly into a video. She was so set on her being a deb that I think it'd be nice. Especially because I won't use all my footage of Belly in the final video.

Suddenly, the song So Pretty was playing and Jere started dancing like crazy.

I laughed, taking some footage of him and Belly having fun with each other. The rest of the group started to cheer him on, so I traveled around and took videos and pictures of them as well.

The music stopped after a few minutes, and I brought my camera down and turned to see Paige had returned. "Jeremiah Fisher. Why aren't you at the pool?"