⭐𝓓𝓱𝓻𝓾𝓿𝓮𝓮𝓴𝓼𝓱𝓪⭐

"Yes", sameeksha had answered Yuvaan's question. She stood at the doorway with her georgette dupatta hanging on her shoulder negligently.

Sameeksha noticed a softening of concern and worry in his eyes. He appeared vastly different from how he had looked at his brother just a few moments ago. She was aware of how much she was loved and valued in this household. Both her brother-in-laws respected and cared for her deeply. Although Arjun was a bit reserved and less talkative, Yuvaan loved her on an entirely different level. He referred to her as his best friend, and she couldn't ask for more. Their immense affection for her made her feel guilty for keeping the truth about their marriage from the whole family. It was far from perfect.

Sameeksha knew leaving this family and probably never crossing paths with them again won't be easy, but it must be done before it was too late. Dhruv needs to be free from this sham while she has to move on. She does not know how or if she would even want to but she definitely would not want to be stuck in the toxic loop of not letting go of these sentiments.

But right now was not the time to tell the family she thought, Yuvaan has just gotten married, Taarika's pregnant, Saili's completing her graduation and for god's sake, they have a freaking project on hand. but then her consciousness retorted if not now then never. She wants to be there for Yuvaan while he progresses in his career and marriage, she wants to see Arjun and Taarika's child, and she wants to be there for every member of the family but would it be right? The reason she's here in this family is Dhruv, she's his wife and in the selfishness of having a loving family, she's lacking Dhruv from the love of his partner. she can't do this anymore it hurts her. Dhruv deserves someone who he loves, someone who's compatible with him, someone who's better... than her.

She noticed Dhruv's expression harden as she answered, the way he fisted his palms so that his knuckles were white, she figured he wasn't exactly happy. She knew she was going really fast with this but they have to tell, each one of the family members at some point of the time or other.

She had initially come here to ask the time they'd leave for Mysore tomorrow so she could inform in her office but then she heard the two brothers talking and couldn't stop herself.

"Me and Dhruv are ending this marriage. We are filing for divorce, " she said as she entered the room. it was getting hard for her to voice it out but it was for good. She stood beside Dhruv who was now standing from his chair as he looked at sameeksha with fury.

"What?" Yuvaan asked in disbelief. He was confused he did guess that there was something wrong but divorce was out of the syllabus.

"I know it's a lot Yuv and I can't tell you the reason but you should know that it was the last thing we could do.", sameeksha blinked back the tears that clouded her vision, she sighed as she saw Yuvaan's face devoid of any emotion and his frisky smile replaced with a frown.

Yuvaan came out of his daze when he heard the door behind him shut with a thud. that's when he looked up to see sameeksha staring at him with a painful smile. In contrast, Dhruv was nowhere in the room. Yuvaan didn't know how to digest this information. hell, he didn't know how to react. what went wrong? when? how? why?