⭐️𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮⭐️

Surbhi was tired, of her life, of breathing hell she was even tired of existing.

She sat with a thump on the bed and pressed her head on the mattress, all these wedding functions were so tiring that she even considered running from the mandap to her room so that she could sleep.
Ahh, she groaned massaging her temples, she was falling into slumber when she heard the door knob twist.

Surbhi could feel the strain on her neck when she sat up with a jerk. She turned around to see Yuvaan who smiled widely when he looked at her.

Yuvaan could feel her being nervous, she looked tired, "Hi, why didn't you sleep?"

Surbhi turned back and looked at her henna-adorned hands, she was awkward, she wanted to be anywhere but here. last night was easy she came to the room when sameeksha bhabhi helped her change and then she slept, she does not even remember Yuvaan coming into the room, next day she was woken up by sameeksha bhabhi to be informed that they had their wedding reception.

"What's wrong Surbhi? I asked you why didn't you sleep yet?", Yuvaan questioned concerned.

"I am alright", Surbhi replied meekly.
She was getting up to rush to the bathroom when he caught her hand. Surbhi turned only to look at him accusingly and then jerked her hand off his hold.

Raising his hands in surrender yuvaan's gaze turned softer when he asked, "I'm sorry, I just- are you alright Surbhi?"

"Why do you care, it's an agreement marriage, right? Why are you acting like a kind husband? I know you will guilt-trap me with this  later?"

Yuvaan could she guilt on her face as soon as she uttered those words, "Look Surbhi I know it's an agreement marriage but I married you, you left the comfort of your place to come live with me at my house. It is my responsibility to look after you and I am not trying to be the kind husband, how can I be one unless you want me to be one?"

"Anyways I asked sameeksha bhabhi to make a bed in the study when she was redesigning the room for us look if you like it or here make yourself comfortable I will be back", he left leaving a guilty Surbhi overthinking behind.

"Yuvaan what's wrong? why are you here?", sameeksha asked worriedly when she saw an upset Yuvaan come looking for her in the kitchen.

"Bhabhi", sameeksha felt panicked when she heard his helpless voice, eyeing the house helps who were as curious as her to know what happened.

Sameeksha quickly wiped off her hands, holding Yuvaan's arm, she led him to the verandah.

"What happened?", she questioned an upset Yuvaan who looked everywhere except her.

"I don't know if I did right marrying her bhabhi, she thinks that my care for her is because I want to guilt trap her for staying with me later. Did I do right to marry her am I not messing things up for her? What if she does not like me?"

Yuvaan said in a go, he won't lie if he say he felt as if he messed up everything marrying Surbhi, he thought he will make her love him, but what if he's not the one for her?

Before sameeksha could comfort Yuvaan they heard a cold voice behind them,

"Don't ask her for marital advice the maximum she'll do is to get you divorce papers".

Sameeksha felt sick in her gut. She turned back to look at Yuvaan who didn't seem to have given any thought to Dhruv's words. They did not talk about telling the family yet. Why is he acting like this? Sameeksha composed herself and looked at Yuvaan who was facing the ground.

"Listen to me Yuvaan,  you know marriage is not easy it's complicated and you know what you signed up for, it's going to be hard, you can't lose hope", sameeksha felt guilty when she said those words while consoling Yuvaan she felt like the biggest hypocrite in the world.

"Yuvaan you are not messing her life you helped her escape from her father, you need to go slow with her, you can't ask her to dance with you if she still has wounded feet, first let her heal she'll come along and if she doesn't then you should let her go".Yuvaan looked up sadness visible in his eyes, he loved Surbhi, and sameeksha was sure of it.

"Yuvaan I don't want to give you false hope we have talked about this before you need to be ready for the worst too, if this doesn't work out you'll have to let each other go.", sameeksha explained sympathetically.

"Anyways I made custard for dessert today", she said lighting up Yuvaan's mood.

"I want more than everyone", Yuvaan demanded pouting slightly.

"Of course", Yuvaan heard his bhabhi laugh and answer.

"Come on get up let's go for dinner", sameeksha stood up dusting her hands.

"You go bhabhi I'll come."

"Hmm, and no more sulking okay?", sameeksha ruffled his hair and left.

Yuvaan nodded smiling, how did he get so lucky?
Yuvaan felt his mind wander off to the first time sameeksha spoke to him after her marriage to Dhruv, he was upset about his postgraduation exam, but she comforted and motivated him to keep going on, ever since sameeksha has been that elder sister and friend he never had, she always gave him advice, advice that was like a slap of reality, he laughed but soon his smile faded as he recalled the words his brother said minutes before.
______________________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating yesterday, since It was my birthday!
Thank you so much for voting.
Next chapter after 20 votes on this chapter!

Vote
&
Comment!