⭐️𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰⭐️

Sameeksha's pov

Sameeksha was running through the corridors of the Shekhawat mansion, draped in a dark green banarsi saree, cladded in south Indian style gold jewelry, her Hair tied into a messy low bun with a gajra adorning it, she looked ethereal that too with no makeup on her face.

She had just met the wedding planner and was informed that the preparation for Yuvaan's wedding reception was not yet done. she knew Vasundhara aka her mother-in-law won't spare her and her husband if she came to know that the preparations aren't done yet.

Sameeksha was used to her husband not paying attention to any task he was assigned to, even if it was his own brother's wedding reception. She had managed Arjun's wedding rituals by herself and is doing the same for Yuvaan.

Wedding Receptions at shekhawats were a little different, a Puja with the newly married couple and a large dinner with all the relatives and family members before bidding them goodbyes, with the end of the wedding rituals. Sameeksha sighed tiredly as she guided the people for getting the Puja area ready, she was already getting tired and her leaves from the office are ending tomorrow which means that she will have to be at the office tomorrow although she was the boss she hates slacking. Sameeksha is an architect, she completed her graduation at 24 and started her own firm, all thanks to her parents. She was now working with a team of 30 people and together they have been doing really great in the field.

Sameeksha's trail of thoughts ended abruptly as she heard a voice, "Bhabhi is there anything I can help you with?", a calm voice asked from behind. It was her sister-in-law Taarika, dressed in a dull orange banarsi saree and a kanthi necklace. She falls right into the category of a royal, she has that aura. Sameeksha was grateful for Taarika being so kind and asking if there was work even though she was already tired due to her pregnancy.

"No No it's fine I'll do it, you should go and rest, in fact, tell me if you need anything", Sameeksha responded to her.

"Thank you I'll manage", answered Taarika formally, with that she turned to leave with her hand on her belly.

As soon as Sameeksh's eyes moved from taarika walking away she saw her mother-in-law coming towards her. "What's wrong where'd she go? I knew she'll use her pregnancy as an excuse to escape from work it's a busy event she should be helping, even when you've been working the whole day, but no when we were pregnant with our kids we did all the work on our own and managed the whole house on our own", Vasundhara seethed.

"Ma is there anything I can help with?",  Taarika asked again this time directing the question to her MIL.

"No leave it I don't want my son to come to fight with me just because I told his pregnant wife to help with some work", Vasundhara replied rudely, and just like always after every mean comment by her mother-in-law Taarika left towards her room without replying.

"badi bahu your clothes are here", informed a maid.

"ji", sameeksha rushed towards the living room to accept her clothes.

"Ma, I'll go try them quickly and come back in a few," Sameeksha told Vasundhara while checking the bag full of her clothes.

"Okay beta and take extra time sit and rest come back after half an hour, you've been running all day take some rest".

🌟🌟🌟

Sameeksha was trying different outfits when she heard rustling in the room which was an indication that her husband was in the room.

Sameeksha sighed as she felt tired trying to tie the Doris of her blouse. With a low tch she gave up only to look at herself in the mirror, no doubt if Dhruv entered the closet now he'd think she was pulling a stunt.

She wore a saree shaper and an undone blouse, sweat beads formed on her face from the constant struggle of changing multiple clothes, sameeksha sighed eyeing her not-so-perfect body, she was 55 kgs, with neck fat and rolls on her stomach, heavy thighs, and a fair complexion, it was her face which helped her with her self confidence, she had dark brown eyes and waist length hair, a symmetrical nose, and plump lips.

Sameeksha has always been the most careless about her body, she did not really care, her teenage years went into studying and when she completed her studies she was married to Dhruv.

She sighed again, Dhruv he has been nothing but a mere roommate to her, from the day he asked her to not expect anything from him she has maintained a good distance from him, maybe a little more than that. She did not expect anything from him whether it was care, affection, love or even understanding but respect she has always respected him no matter what and that's what she expected in return for him.

It was not like the way he used to plainly ignore her in the early days of their marriage didn't affect her, she can never forget how he made her feel, as if even her mere presence annoyed him to the core, even when all she did was a few wife-ly duties. After receiving no acknowledgment she stopped doing those and started devoting her time to the rest of the family and her work, she can't even tell how 2 years passed in the same routine of waking up, going to the office, and coming back.

Now it's almost as if they are used to having each other's presence in their daily routine, it scares her how she thought they'll maybe make this work and live happily but that did not happen.

she doesn't feel the need for him to be next to her except for those particular public events where her capabilities of being a good wife are questioned just because her husband doesn't find her pleasing enough to be his wife. But she's tired now, she knows he married her because he was forced by his father to do so, and it would be a white lie if she'd say that she did not have her own reasons too, she married him because that was the only way she'd be allowed to work without judgments but now she was well established in her career and their relationship made no progress maybe this was a sign to call it quits.

She pondered a lot on the thought of being in this relationship which had no future she knew he did not think of her being a fit for him, she knew he did not like to be in this marriage. Sameeksha for once even though she's a gold digger but then she consoled herself by saying that she did not take anything from him except his name and now she's ready to give it back. She recalled talking to her friend Sharvari who's a lawyer to prepare a divorce agreement, as soon as Yuvaan's wedding rituals end and all the relatives leave she'll free him from the suffering. Free him from herself.

__________________________________

Vote
&
Comment!