⭐𝓚𝓱𝓮𝓮𝓻⭐

Dhruv could not feel the uneasy feeling go away

He felt void at the fact that Sameeksha wanted to end this marriage. He couldn't get himself to understand why he felt so.
Was it a habit that he'd had made of her that now when she talked about leaving he felt that he will be left alone?

Dhruv moved to the dining room and saw his brothers sitting next to their partners ready for dinner, he saw her coming out of the kitchen with trays of food in her hands, he couldn't reason why his heart raced when he realized he won't get to hear the serene and faint sound her anklets made. Dhruv looked at her, she was wearing her favorite white kurta, he has seen her wear it more often and that's how he concluded she liked it. The pallu on her head never slipped. Dhruv doesn't remember when, but he got so used to this view that the thought of not getting to see this in the future scared him.

Sameeksha was different. In fact very different from the rest of the Shekhawat wives.

She was traditional, cooked delicious meals, respected everyone, accepted the family's beliefs and cultures as her own, and moreover, she was independent. Dhruv couldn't point out why he disliked her in the first place when she was everything a guy would want in his wife.

Dhruv cringed at the statement he had made when he first met her, saying that she was too traditional for his liking and that he preferred modern girls. When the truth was that he didn't want to marry, especially someone he barely knew. he had reasoned that to his family, but his father shut him saying

"When I was your age you were already born.", Dhruv tried his best, gave absurd reasons that he had a girlfriend, wanted to focus on his career, and didn't want kids but that only provoked his parents more to pressure him into this alliance. he still remembers the day he had married her, he even considered not going to the venue once, but one look from his father and he had to.

Dhruv was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Rajiv Shekhwat clear his throat and question.

"Dhruv what about the new luxury apartment contract?"

Amma looked annoyed she had clearly mentioned no work talks at the dining table but Rajeev Shekhawat never listened.

"We got it, Dad.", Dhruv replied with satisfaction and contentment.

"Great start the work then", Rajeev suggested while picking up his glass of water to drink.

"We'd need an architect. There's no architect available for any work at the moment.", he was informed.

"Ask Sameeksha, she will be a perfect fit.", Rajeev suggested to which sameeksha snapped her head in their direction and replied instantly.

"I am sorry Dad but I don't think I am capable enough for this work", and disappeared into the kitchen.

Dhruv could just look at her, she purposely did not take the project because Dhruv was heading it.

"Is she alright?", Sambhavna Shekhawat spoke directing the question at Dhruv.