Chapter 16

"Ready?" He looks at me worried. "As I'll ever be." Sighing as we walk through the doors. He stops me. "Melly Angel." Tears go down his face. "Chrissy." I stroke his beard. "How's Lin?" Trying to deflect. "Sleeping still. All the grandmothers have eyes one her. All four of them. Poor kid." He laughs a little. "Chrissy?" Turning to him. "Yes baby? Shit sorry." He looks down. I lift his head up by the chin. Giving him a look to settle him. His face cuddles into my hand. He closes his eyes. " I need you to be strong for me right now. I need you to promise me something Cap." Laughing as his eyes meet mine. "Anything Peggy." His eyes are watery. "If something happens." He tries to interrupt me but I stop him. "If something happens you need to promise me that Little Cap's going to be ok. You need to tell her all the great stories and memories we had. Make sure she knows that she was made out of love. Tell her all the best parts of me you know. Make sure the Stan Fam and Lets are still part of her life always, if I go. Promise me that you will keep Jeremy in her life. Ava too." Tears flow down my cheeks. I'm so scared. I only want to wake up tomorrow. I want to live my life. I want to see my daughters grow. I have two of them now. See my grandbabies if they decide to have them. "Melly. I tell Linny all the time she's a miracle. That she was made out of the truest love I've ever had. Other than her that's what I have for you. I'd never take her away from the people that love her most. Renner and his family included." His response makes me cry more. I asked for him to be here with me today. Jeremy still is in recovery. Jazzy helping has made him much better. Our moms need be there for Lin and Ava today. Hannah and Ce at their places waiting. They rearranged their whole lives to be here for us. My brothers should be here soon. I tried my hardest to get them to not but it's a battle I couldn't win. "We had a good run Chrissy. Made a fantastic kid." Giving a half smile. "It could've ended better. But that's on me. She's incredible. Thank you for bringing her into this world. Letting her be a part of mine. Even though I screwed up so bad. You didn't have to." His grin not as big as it's been in the past. The weight of what's about to happen weighing heavily on him. A wheelchair with an nurse shows up. "Pleasure to meet you miss." I get a feeling. One of being at home. "Wish it was in better circumstances." Sighing as I get in the chair. "I'm sure. My name is Aline." Her bright smile takes over her face. We both gasp. "What did you say?" He talks for us both because I'm struck silent. The young lady looks confused. "I'm Aline. Are you not ok with me being here?" Tilting her head. "No. Not at all. It's just, well our daughter's name is Aline." Chris stutters out. "Good sign then. You must be french Canadian Mrs. Evans." She cracks up. "I'm not Mrs. Evans."

"I'm so sorry. I just," Waving my hand to relax her. Trying to make the sadness disappear at the same time. "Your surgeon? She's awesome. Rita's honestly the best." The young girl smiles. What the fuck? "Could you please stop for a moment. I need time with my daughter's father." She says of course. "Chrissy." Crying out. "I know baby. They're here. Nanie and Memere. Dad too. You're going to be ok. See we all told you. Nanie made sure you knew it." He kisses my head. "Rap. Wait!" A loud voice comes down the hall. "Hey there Eugene." Smiling up at him when he gets to me. "Linny and Ava are good. Just left them. Renner's in physio." He gets interrupted. "Family reunion." Jasmine laughs. In full scrubs. "Jaz this isn't your thing." Floored looking at her. "Well no, but I'm supervising." Kissing my cheek. "Should've known." I giggle. "Sebs is down stairs with Jeff, Casey and Lets." Taking my hand. "Miss Melanie.." Aline is back. Jasmine leans into my ear. "Aline and Rita. God they are relentless." Kissing my cheek. She's right. They always have been by our sides. "Zachy?" Crying a bit as I say it. . "Lanes?" He answers. "Come with?" Looking over my shoulder. "I'd follow you any where." He eyes Chrissy's. "I'll be here when you get back." Chrissy goes to turn away. "You too handsome." Crying out the words. "Ok beautiful. Cap's ready for another end game Peggy." He smirks. "You're ridiculous Chrissy." Laughing at him. "Then maybe we should fight the good fight for." Zach smiles. I bend over laughing knowing what he's going to say. "For Asgard!" Two voices I wasn't excepting ring through. "For Christ sakes Hiddleston." Laughing hard. "Like I wouldn't be here." Tom's in front of me. He crouches down. "Dear sister. You gave me everything without knowing. Willing at that. You gave me two if the people you love dearly. Trusted me with their hearts. The universe aligns. Perfect time, perfect place. Karma my dear sister." He takes my hand. "Exactly." Zach's hand on my shoulder. "Does that mean I'm Hela?" Giggling a bit. It makes Tom laugh. "Not one bit. You have a heart that has no bounds my Midgardian warrior. Today starts the battle. However Valhalla will not be greeting you anytime soon," Hems smiles, taking his hand I kiss it. "Thank you Hems. I'd have been so far worst if your program." He stops me. "Move brother." Pushing Hiddleston out of the way. Which makes me crack up. "My friend. You've brought so much to the program. More than I could." He strokes my hair. "Bullshit."