Chapter 14

"Hate this." Mumbling, I tilt my head back. "I know bebe, but we have to. Jeremy needs us." Mama grabs my hand tightly. "I know you get anxious, but think of how happy he's going to be to see you." Linny kisses my cheek. "Uncle Anthony's right. How old are you?" Laughing at the fact my fifteen year old's trying to keep me sane. "You got me through the worst times. I get to do that for you now, Mama. Oh, by the way, he's sitting with a hot guy right this moment. Don't worry, I made him promise that he wouldn't tell him me and Memere are coming." Her smile takes over her face. "Thank you, baby. You may have to wait a bit when we get there, ok? I want to see him first. I don't want you to be worried or scared seeing him. He would hate that." My mind is in a hundred different directions. "Mama. I'll be fine. You've been in the hospital with me. I've seen worse. I had brain surgery. This is nothing. I only want to make sure Jeremy is good. He means the world to me. When all our stuff was going on and then you got sick? He constant helped me. Checked in on me everyday before this happened. I want to support him. Like he does for me." She smiles at me. "Got lucky with you kid." Putting my hand to her cheek. "Yeah you did." The grasp my mom has on my hand gets tighter. "Oh Mama. I forgot to tell you my drama teacher said I can do rehearsals on zoom. In case we need more time." Her face still in her book. "I wonder if it has anything to do with the extremely generous donation Jeremy sent." I giggle. "She said to make sure to say thank you but no. Mrs. Jensen told me family is very important. My talent is extraordinary. That we'll work it out no matter what. Even when I told her to give my role to my understudy." Linny looks out the window. "You did what?" My voice raises as she shrugs. "Why would you ever do that Linny? This is your joy. Your passion. Your calling!" My stare intent on her. "Roles come and go Mama. Hot guy's more important than a role in a school play. While you were sick he took time for me. Even when he had Ava, his family around, studying for roles and on top of that Rennervations coming out? This is what a family does. Whether you end up with him or not he's my family always." Her eyes meet mine. I start to tear up. She looks away quickly, putting her ear buds in. "She loves him bebe. Chris is her dad, she's always going to hold hope that you get back together. But, she wants you to be happy. So she's making an effort to get to know him and care for him. She loves her mama more than anything. Wants her to be loved. Don't push it though. She's working through all of it. What her future may be." Mama puts her arm around me. I snuggle into her shoulder.

"Look here! My hot ass sister, my beautiful mama and my incredibly talented, beautiful, smart, caring niece. That is going to be the next biggest thing Marvel ever saw ya'all!" The yell through the airport turns heads. Lots of phones come up. He could care less. All that matters is her. "What's going on Little Cap! Hurry up! Falcon needs some love! On his left of course!" Opening his arms wide, laughing she runs to him. "For crying out loud Uncle Anthony! Way to be incognito." Wrapping her arms around his neck. "I could give two hoots who sees. Take all the pics they want. I'm blessed to be your uncle. I'd scream it from the roof tops." Laughing he squeezes her harder. "What is it with this little chick?" A snicker's behind me. "Hard to check in on him before heading home. Hope you don't mind me tagging along. Plus have to take care of you girls." A big hug greets me after he says it. Mama gasps. "I'm so sorry. We haven't met yet. A pleasure to meet you Mrs. Higgins. I'm Robert. My friends call me Bob or Bobby. Your granddaughter however has taken to Uncle Stark. Which is kind of weird. But my little Cap can call me whatever she wants." Bobby kiss her hand. "Honor to meet you Bobby. I'm Rita. Thank you for being there for my girls." I think my mom blushed. Cute. "She hasn't even realized I'm here. Unbelievable. If I was the kid it'd be different." Teasing in his sarcastic way. "It's been a rough couple weeks Bobby. Months. Years. She's always been pulled to Anthony. Sebastian too. They have been her comfort characters through everything. As much as she idolizes you and Holland these men have made her journey easier. However, I need to thank you." Putting my hand on his arm. "Why?" He looks intently into my eyes. "For helping me. Lin told me she let you know. That you looked excited to hear it. We have a very open relationship. I couldn't not when we had a moment alone. Also, for starting the movies that made my little brother what he is. The ones I watched with my daughter in all the hospitals we had to be in and for Ch." Biting my lip I stop myself. "He thanked me already. I owe you too." A light kiss meets my cheek. My forehead furrows when our eyes meet. Why would this man thank me? He's a legend. "If it wasn't for you? After my first couple films there would be no Marvel. If you would have said one word. None of this would have happened." His answer shocks me. My face must show it. "I know you're not into it the way Linny is. Or her two Aunts clearly." He giggles. "But you have seen them all. Watching the man who hurt you the way he did on the screen with your brother and your best girl. Even in pain. You've preformed. Chemistry is beyond important. The relationships built on set, wouldn't have existed if there was turmoil off it. You stopped any of that possibly happening. Granted you didn't do it for movies. You did it so every one you love could be the happiest they could. To have everything they wanted. Have the opportunities they got. You made a huge sacrifice. My character sacrificed everything for humanity. You sacrificed everything so humanity could find joy and an escape from their everyday life. You should be one the walk of fame gorgeous." As much as I can't believe the words I see his eyes. He means it. He helped me through my worst times. Then I got to help him grow? Wow. "Thank you Bobby. I needed this." I hug him tightly.