Chapter 9

**Lin POV**

"Linny! Come on, my girl! Get your butt up!" Auntie's laugh makes me smile. "Seriously, Lin! Get up! Uncle Hotty wants to spend more time with you! We have like over a decade to make up for!" Uncle's voice now loud too. I hear Rose and Cosmo laugh. My cousins. Dodgie kisses my face as I laugh. "Hey there, Bubba! Good morning, Dodgie!" I still can't believe it. I mean, I kind of figured it out a while ago, but still! When my uncle and his friend were talking. Mama brushed it off, but I always knew. For crips sakes, I look just like my daddy. Mama always got so sad when she saw Auntie, too. My Memere always played it off. But I knew they must have been close somehow. Mama has been so sad for years. She only has always had a few close friends my entire life. Aunie Ce, Hanny, and Jasmine. She always has a look in her eyes when she saw or talks to them. I knew watching her looking at Auntie Lets, there was the same connection. I didn't want her to be any more sad. So I let it be. But when daddy. Oh my god, my daddy is Chris Evans! Trying to clear that from my brain. When I made her watch Marvel, and he showed up? She looked devastated. In all truth I have known for years. I know also my mama. She would have told me eventually. She never lies to me. I feel so bad that I blew up on her yesterday. I couldn't help it. She is the one who always told me that any relationship worth having is always transparent. It sucks that she was so heartbroken that she couldn't talk about Dad. I'm guessing that's what it had to be. He even said it. "Dodgie, this sucks huh? Daddy and Mama love each other so much, right? Anyone can see that." I stroke his head. His eyes meet mine. He looks at me like, "I know sissy. We need to fix it, though." He snuggles into me, huffing. Both of us are frustrated. Mama and hot guy seem to really like each other. He's a nice man, but he's not my dad. I want Mama to be happy though. No matter what. No matter who it is she ends up with it. Nana Georgie sat with me yesterday. When no one was around. She actually talks to me like a grown-up. Which I love. Everyone else seems to always want to protect me. I know with all my health stuff, that's why they do, but I can handle it. I wish they would understand that. "Little Printesa. Listen. You, my love, are a blessing. Your mama? She was told you never could happen. Your father, he could not handle that. He always wanted family. A big one. Like the one he had. He was young and frankly stupid." She brushed the hair off my face. "But Nana. Mama kept all of this from me. She kept you from me. Tanti. Uncle Hotty. Auntie Lets. She knew how much I adored Uncle Seb. How much I adored my dad. I could have been a part of their lives for so much longer! Yours too! It's not fair! She lied to me!" I sigh looking down. She interrupts me.

"Printesa. Listen to me. You heard Chris. He was in no way or form, ready to be a father. Your mama? She was devasted and heartbroken. He destroyed her heart even further. Your mama, Printesa, was a shell of a person when he left. She kept you from him because she knew in her heart he would hurt you just as much. He told you so. I know they all look at you as this fragile thing. Because of everything you have been through. However, Nana Georgie knows better. I have waited my time. I have sat back. Kept my mouth shut as hard as it was. But, I always promise your Memere one thing." She sighs as she sits next to me. "What, Nana?" Asking curious. "Somehow, my sister always knew I was going to be the one to do this with you. I have no idea how, but she did. Probably Nanie told her as much. I wouldn't doubt it. That woman seemed to know everything. I promised her that I would always give you the truth. Because she felt she would have to soften it for your mother's sake. For Lisa's too. Not wanting to hurt either of them. Memere, Grammy and I were dear friends for so long. Nanie and your Memere? The small time I had with them made me family. You had lost your great Memere around the time Sebastian and I came into Memere Rita and mama's life. Oh your mama hurt. Your Memere did too. At least I was there for that. But you should know. Uncle Seb and I were at Nanie's and Pap's funerals. Your father was there too. Hiding in the back as he should. However I know, somehow, they trust me with this. So I will honor it. Just like I will honor your Papa. The one that made my sister so happy. They would want me to be honest and upfront with you so I will. Your father? Was a jack ass Printesa. Your mama got sick. Real sick. The specialist all said you would never happen. That's when your daddy left your mama Lin. How none of them saw you were growing in her is beyond me! Experts my ass. So you need to give Mama grace. He hurt her deeply. Left her at the worst time in her life. All Printesa ever wanted was to be a mom. YOUR mom. When that was told. When she had the biggest dream she ever had pulled from under her? He left." She hugged me tight when I started to ball my eyes out. My dad is a jerk. My superhero that I spent years admiring? Is an asshole. "Nana. He left Mama then? What a dick." I cry into her shoulder. "Well, my love, that was what we all thought at the time. Auntie Hanny still is saying it. She is just as protective of you as your mother huh? Same as Aunie Ce. I like her by the way." She laughs as she kisses my head. Oh Aunie Ce-Ce would drop hearing that, she loves Uncle Sebs more than me. She made me a Bucky fan. "Uncle Sebastian was ready to take his head off." Her laugh harder. "Nana Georgie?" Sniffling out the words. "Yes, my little Printesa?" Pulling me in closer. "Daddy. He wants me, though, right? Even if I am the way I am?" My anxiety takes over. How could the superhero, THE Captain America, Chris Evans himself, ever want a kid like me? One born broken.