Chapter 2

"That was so much fun! Thank you for the last couple days Uncle Sebs. Glad I finally got to really meet you." Lin hugs her uncle tightly. "Me too doll. Can't wait to show you New York at Christmas! You and Memere have a good flight. Make sure to call the minute you land Mama. Love you both." Kissing mama. "We will bebe I promise. Just like your sister. So afraid of flying. Jeff's excited to see you. He missed you so much. Wait until you meet your sister in law!" He hugs her as well. "You both sure you are ok with this?" I ask anxious. For a lot of reasons. "Sweet heart, it's fine. We have this under control. Go have fun with your little brother. She's ok now. Go! Live your life! Make sure to give Georgie and Tanti my love." She takes their suitcases. "Still can't believe Nana Georgie's MY uncle Sebastian Stan's ma! And Tanti is the one I read about for like years! Or that no one told me! What the heck Memere?" Lin huffs. My mom hushes her as they walk away. Ma stops and turns. "Sebastian. Take your sister shopping before tonight. She has nothing for that date you planned. Or for the rest of the time when you're bar hoping all week. She needs a wardrobe." My mouth drops. "How does she always know?" He asks me in awe. "I have no god damn idea." Answering shocked as my mother turns away laughing. "That settles it. Let's go sis. Shopping awaits." Groaning at his excitement. "I know you hate it. Having a famous brother has perks. Shopping were you don't do a thing." Laughing he opens my door. Flash. "Shit. Get in the car." His voice stern. I knew this could happen. He slams the door as he gets in. "Sorry." He groans. "No worries. Should be interesting to see what comes of that. They probably are going to say I'm your girlfriend." Chuckling. "No!" He exclaims. "You're right. I'm your age." Teasing him so he relaxes. "You're kinda an asshole you know that?" Finally he laughs. "Learnt it from you." Nudging him with my shoulder. "Um you're older remember?" He nudges back. His phone rings. He grabs it from his pocket. "Fuck." His voice soft. "Stop. I know he's in your life. Go ahead and answer it. Really it's fine." Looking out the window. "I'll keep it short. Hey man." He acts nonchalant. I try to keep it together as I hear the voice excited on the other line. I can't hear what he's saying. I still know his tones with the emotions that match. It tears at my heart. "No sorry can't this weekend. Not work. Family stuff. Got plans." Then I hear words. "Family stuff? With our princess?" I can't stop from sobbing. Hard. Grabbing my hand Sebs strokes it with his thumb. When I lift my head he looks devastated for me.

"I told you I haven't seen her in person in forever. We're both busy. Never seem to be able to mesh up schedules." Thanking the heavens the man on the other line doesn't know. I've been really busy. Most importantly raising his daughter. "Oh I thought maybe she finally found the time. How is she Seb?" Sounding sad. "Like every other time you ask, she's amazing." Sebs' jaw ticks. "Sorry. I told you I'd stop asking. Been thinking a lot about her lately for some reason." Sebs moves further from me so I don't hear any more. Thank the heavens. "Should've thought more of her sixteen years ago. Drop it. Told you I'm not getting in the middle. So for the sake of our friendship stop. Fine. Yeah, don't worry about it I get it. I know he's in town. I have plans with him tonight. What do you mean? Wish I could my dude but like I said packed schedule. Yup talk to you later." Sebs hangs up throwing his head back. "He's in New York isn't he?" I start to shake. "For a couple days. Don't worry. It's a big city. We won't see him." He wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Hope not. Is um. Is he alone?" Can't believe I'm asking that. "Seems that way. Other than his brother." Seb gets sad. He knows I miss his little brother. We were beyond close. "Hotty's here? Oh that hurts." Leaning my head back against his shoulder. "I know. He misses you too. Every time I see him he asks about you. Thankfully not with jack ass around. He knows what his brother did. Well, other than his niece." I feel a kiss on the top of my head. "Lin loves him. Not even knowing he's her uncle. She follows him on Instagram." A soft laugh leaves me. "Guess I'll have to be there more. Be the fun uncle." His voice distracted. He's over thinking. "Stop. Just focus on now. You and I causing havoc in the city bars once again. You have your printesas back now Sebs." My chin comes up, he's smiling down at me. "I do. Nothing could make me happier." My gaze back out the window. The car silent. We go over the bridge, I can feel it. Sitting up I get excited now. Sebs is right. We won't see him. In a couple hours or so I'll be wrapped in the arms of my maica and Tanti. Nervous for tonight but getting pretty psyched for it too. I smile large. I'm home. Sighing in utter bliss.