Chapter 3

**Seb POV**

Fuck it's bright in here. I hear what must have woken me up. It sounds like banging. Neighbors must be going at it again. I roll over to find my phone trying figure out what time it is. Smiling when I see her. My sister lying next to me. She fell asleep in my bed. There would have been a time this would've been funny. We used to do it a lot as kids. When one of our moms was working nights the other would be in "charge" of us. When we got older it was because we had drank too much and passed out. Usually after laughing until the wee hours of the morning. Wish it was for that reason. We did get trashed. This time she fell asleep while I held her. She was crying her eyes out. I'm broken for her. I could almost feel her pain myself. What he did to her has taken the light out of her eyes. The sparkle they used to have. God she looks beautiful. This moment when she's still and looks so innocent. My Melly. The way I remember her growing up. She has always had this natural beauty about herself. Elegance and grace to boot. For years I've searched for any one that compares to her. Sighing deeply to myself I brush hair off her face. I'm proud of how she has handled all of this. How she raised Lin. Made herself successful too. My sister owns a multimillion dollar firm. How far we both are from how we grew up. As much as it killed me to stay away I knew I had to. Being around me would do two things. They may be exposed not only to the world but to Chris. Also, it would also be a constant reminder of him for my sister. She made the decision when I made the first movie with him. Knowing somehow there would be more. She always had the biggest faith in me. I had to respect her wishes. At least I got to finally see my niece for the first time in twelve years. I was floored when I saw her. She's a clone of Chris. With Melly's attitude. It must be so hard for her. Seeing Lin growing to be his twin basically. Now he knows. He showed up out of the blue. I was hoping he'd be gone by the time she got home. I've been in his life for years now. There have been so many times I wanted to punch him in the face. Especially when my Printesa called me crying that he left. She had been to the hospital for some pain. They gave her that devastating news. When she needed him most? He walked away. Lost a lot of respect for him that day but I pushed through. She told me to. Part of the reason she created all this space too I'm sure. To make it easier on me. Sighing I look at my phone. Damn it's early. The banging comes again. It's at my door. Who would be here this early? More than likely my mama. She's going to want to spend as much time as she can with Melly. I get out of bed trying not to wake her. I kiss her forehead before I do. Like I have for decades. Rubbing my eyes walking to the door. "Jeez mama. She's going to be here for a week. You have plenty of time to spend with her. Do you have to wake us up this early?" Laughing I open the door. Fuck.

"Hey Seb." He says. Looking all kinds of uncomfortable. "Come on man. Give her a day. She's still passed out. I'm sure you can imagine she had a rough one. She doesn't need to hear it from you. Or anyone right now." I lean against the door frame. "I swear I'm not here to upset her. You know she means a lot to me. I miss her Seb. I just want to see her. Give her a hug. Let her know if she needs anything I'm here. No judgement. I understand why she did what she did." His eyes are teary. He always asks about her. He cares for her a great deal I know that. He was even madder than I was when he found out why he left her. "Like I said she's sleeping. I can try to talk to her when she wakes up. I can't promise you anything. She even kept away from me and my family for years because of the situation. This is the first time she has been home in over a decade. It's highly unlikely she's going to willingly be around any Evans right now. She did tell me she misses you though. That she knows what a great uncle you would be." Scratching the back of my head. I probably shouldn't have told him that. But none of this is his doing. He shouldn't be made to feel like it is. "Chris said she was sick for a long time. Is she? Is she okay Seb?" He stutters. Tears falling down his cheeks. "She is now man. The surgery seemed to work. It's been two months no seizures." Patting his shoulder. "Oh good. Thank you. It was eating me alive." He takes a deep breath. "No problem. I wish I could do more, I really do. Pushing her isn't going to work. She will just fight harder. You know how stubborn she is." My comment makes him chuckle. "Sebs?" Her voice soft behind me. She doesn't see who is in front of me. "Just a minute Melly." I give a look begging him to understand. He nods. He's trying to respect her boundaries. He turns to walk away. I go to close the door. "Hotty? Hotty is that you?" She sobs pushing the door back open. I wasn't expecting this. He stops his steps. Faces her. "Hey there prettiness." He cries calling her his old nick name for her. "Oh my god." She rushes him. Almost knocking him over as she hugs him. Never realized how close they were until now. Both of them a sobbing mess. "I'm so sorry prettiness. I'm sorry he did that to you. I'm sorry he broke your heart. I missed you more than you could imagine." Holding onto her for dear life.