First Day

First day on the job as being the assistant of Mr Justin Bieber. My morning at home was a catastrophe of overwhelming nerves. Something I'm hoping not to have brought with me to work.

---

"Okay let's run through this one more time, I've showered and eaten and freshened up. I have a simple and respectful knee length black dress-with tights-and safe black heeled slip on shoes. This way I don't come off as attention seeking or unprofessional. Looking smart is always key, it's a must in the work place. Bag! My bag, I have a bag which has absolutely nothing in it because you have no work to bring home just yet. Calm down." JJ was looking at me and I could see that even he thought I was crazy. 

"Don't look at me like that! At least I don't chase my own tail, not that I have tail to chase." I'm still talking to the dog. 

Eventually I sorted everything out and left the house and got in the car. Which on the first ignition, I stalled. I took a minute to breathe and calm down then set off to work. It's going to be okay, it's just like any other normal day.

---

"Good Morning Zoey. Have you had the chance to mingle with any of the other employees this morning?" Justin walked through the door to his office as Dan followed and he walked with ease, like he'd done this one million times before. Which he probably had, because he did own the place.

"Actually no, I got here just a few minutes before you did Sir."

"Well throughout the day I'm sure you'll make friends with a few of the ladies on this floor. They're all kind and polite so I'm sure there won't be a problem. You remember Dan here." He pointed his hand to Dan who stood next him and offered me a simple wave.

"Yes I remember him. Hi Dan." I nodded small to him and smiled small. Was I so nervous? This was the third time I'd been around Justin and we'd had easy conversations before. Was it because Dan was here?

"Hello Miss Bennett, I trust you're thrilled to be working with hot head over here?" There he goes with his jokes about Justin again. They had to know each other well enough to insult one another.

"I'm not that bad, don't scare her away from me on her first day. She has a good potential here and I don't want to lose that." Justin looked toward me and gave me a small smile of his own, which I returned with a nervous blush apparently.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I have the transcripts from the previous meeting with the board and the price they'd to offer for you to make this movement and use your company to produce the new marketing scheme. I'll leave them with you so you can go over whether you want to go for price and if you can think of a product to sell." All of this business talk coming from Dan was making me feel out of my limit, I have no idea what they're talking about and I'm pretty sure I'm about to be dragged in to it all.

Dan left after they spoke a little bit more about the, transcripts were they? Then there was me and Justin, alone. I don't know what to expect from the course of working with Justin but I know it involves me feeling like I'm totally lost.

"So, Zoey. You seem nervous." He raised his eyebrows and once again..smirked.

"What gave it away?"

"Your shortage of speech when we were talking about the transcripts. I'd have thought you would question what we were talking about."

"I didn't really want to interrupt you, it seemed like something important and I wouldn't want to get in the middle of that." I kept my distance from his desk, I was near the couch at the side of the room and he was near the windows which showed a full on view of the city. It had to be intimidating to know you were stood up so high. But it also must have seemed like you had so much power, to be stood at a high point and watching down on all the people below you. Feeling like a superior.