Coincidences

Working in a pub had to be one the worst choices I ever made in my life, although it's got a good reputation and the pay is seemingly alright and gets a girl by, some of the people who give the place a visit aren't the most pleasant of people.

"Hey sweetheart! Can we get four pints over here please?"

"Don't worry Zoe, I got this one!" My best friend Josh ducked under the bar and ran to the beer pumps and started on their order.

"Cheers Josh, I owe you one." I continued washing the glasses and putting them in the cupboards as Josh did the drink runs.

"Josh while you're at it do you think you can get the empty glasses for me so I can clean them up?"

"Yeah sure thing."

"Thanks."

Josh is my best friend, I've known him since I was 18 years old. So for 3 years really, and ever since he's been protective over me and always making sure no one can get to me. I understood his reasons..

He took the men their drinks and returned with money and glasses for me to clean. And he handed me the money to put away as he made more runs to different tables.

"Thanks Josh."

The gruesome part of the job is seeing how many people use these glasses and knowing that I'm the one who has to clean them. It makes a lump form in my throat just thinking about touching these germ infested glasses.

"Excuse me Miss, can me and my friend make a drink and food order please?"

"Sure thing, give me a minute and I'll be right with you darling."

My favourite sort of customer, the ones who know how to use their manners. I quickly dried the glasses and a few plates and set them in the storage areas they go in, threw the towel over my shoulder while drying my hands and grabbed the notepad and pen.

"What can I get you?" I looked up and was given an instant shock.

"Hello Miss Bennett, I trust you've had a good week since we last saw one another?" Smirk..

"Um..yes actually. It's been alright, and yours?" I couldn't control the nerves and confusion I was feeling. Why was he here? How did he know this was the bar that I meant when I told him I worked at a bar? 

"My weeks been rather good as well, thank you. Is it alright if we placed our order? We've been driving all over the place today and we're famished." Coincidence. It's all just a coincidence that he was driving all over the place and just so happened to choose my bar out of all the ones he could have chosen that he drove past. Pure coincidence.

"Yeah, yeah of course. What would you like?"

"Can we get a couple of your best beers. And for food two cheeseburgers and chips with a little salad on the side please?"

"Yes you can, I'll go place your order for you. And all together that will be..twenty two pounds."

"Didn't even use a calculator." Smirk

"I don't need them for simple maths, it's the complicated math I need the calculator for. I'll go get the drinks." I told Josh to get the beers for Bieber and his friend and I went back in to the kitchen to tell them how to prepare the meal. Knowing this kind of man he wants a perfect dish to suit his perfect lifestyle of being rich and glamorous. 

When I came back Josh was just pulling the beers in to glasses, leaving me to retrieve the payment from the rich man. As I walked closer to him he looked over and watched me approach him, his friend was speaking to him but he paid no attention to him at all. He kept his angle fixated straight ahead.

"Your food's been ordered and your beers are-"

"Right here," Josh slid the beers in front of us and pushed them towards the two men.

"Thanks Josh." I looked up at Bieber and he was still looking at me, did I have something in my teeth? Of course you didn't, you haven't eaten anything since lunch and it's the evening. He reached in to his pocket and pulled his wallet out and handed me $30. 

"Thanks, I'll go get your change for you." Before I walked away he grabbed my wrist and yanked me back.

"I don't need the change, keep it. As a tip."

"But I only took your order, everyone else is doing the other stuff for you?"

"What time do you finish work?" That was a quick change of subject? 

"In about an hour, why?"

"How are you getting home?" He was still holding my hand..

"Walking, I only live two blocks away from here."

"We can drive you, wouldn't want you wandering around at this time of night all on your own."

"We?"

"Oh, my apologies" He let go.."This is Dan, he works downstairs-on the floor below mine-in the accounts department. He does all the money work in paying the bills and sending out cheques and everything suitable needed for me. He's a huge part and very helpful hand of my business."

"Hi Dan.." I gave a small wave along with a little smile to be polite. Dan did the same as well saying a small hi in return.

"So that lift home? You want to leave around half eight?" 

"You don't have to, it's fine. Seriously I can walk, it's not a problem." Is it not weird to give me a lift home?

"Zoey please, it's the least I can. And it came to my attention that I never took down your number to contact you about the interview results. Luckily I caught you at the place you work so I can tell you about the meeting we had about it. So I can tell you on the way home? Wouldn't like to disturb you while you're at work and get you in trouble with the boss." Lip Biting..

"Zoey! Table 4's food is ready!" Cal the chef rung the bell and called me over to serve. With a sigh I nodded at him to tell him I'd be right there and turned back to Bieber.

"I'll be ready just after half 8. You're really going to hold on till then?"

"We have food to wait for and eat up until then, I'm sure it won't seem like that long to wait for you Miss Bennett." 

I nodded and sighed again. "Okay, I'll get back to you for then."

I left them to their own conversation and went back to my job of serving others and cleaning up their messes. The whole time I had Mr.Rich Man on my mind. Why was he so persevering on driving me home? What if I didn't get the job? What if I did get the job? 

How did he know I worked here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? I'm hoping this added a little more entertainment to the story, I know it's not a great deal more but it's growing trust me!

Thanks for reading, means a lot!

lovelovelove<3

 @clifford4pizza