Chapter Twenty One : Her Daddy

I just saw my mom again and she saw me.

Then I bumped into Daddy and I started crying like a baby.

Daddy lifts me up and coos. "Sh sh Spencer, it's alright Princess. Shouldn't you be napping?"

"Grant! Grant!" I hear Mommy. I then see her run around the corner with a worried look. Daddy turns around and I lay on his shoulder still crying.

"It's okay Honey. I got her."

"Where was she?!"

"She was running and she bumped into me. She fell down and she started to cry. I have no idea why she was out of her crib or why she's crying."

"I went in to go check on her and she was gone! I was so afraid someone took her! Especially Karen."

"Karen doesn't know she's here. Could you stay in her room while she takes naps from now on? Or have Jesse do it. I don't want her getting out again."

"I left for only five minutes to go to the bathroom, and she was gone. I'll take her." I still feel tears down my face as I am shifted over to Mommy.

She wipes them away and kisses my forehead. Daddy does the same. I suck on my pacifier to calm myself down.

I sniffle and rub my eyes. "Princess is tired isn't she?" Daddy asks.

I shake my head.

"Don't lie to Daddy. C'mon I'll help Mommy put you to bed for a nap." Mommy takes me back to my room while Daddy stands next to her the whole way.

The lights are still off and the crib is exactly how I left it. Daddy picks my blankie and stuffie up before Mommy lays me back down. Daddy covers me up and gives me my stuffie. He then bends down and kisses my cheek

Mommy turns the mobile on and sits down in the rocking chair. Daddy leaves and shuts the door behind him.

I close my eyes for the second time and finally fall asleep.

The next thing I hear when I wake up is cooing noises. I open my eyes and see Mommy smiling down at me.

"Wake up sweet pea. It's dinner time." I fuss and whine wanting to not move from this comfortable spot. "Jesse do you mind getting her up and laid down on her changing table? My back is killing me."

"Sure thing!" I hear Jesse come over. My eyes are closed again. Suddenly I'm being lifted from my crib and warm spot. I start to cry a bit but Jesse shushes me by putting my pacifier back into my mouth.

She lays me on the table and Mommy comes over. She lifts my dress and smiles at the wet diaper.

She undoes the tapes on the diaper and pulls down the part covering my front. She then takes the diaper off of me completely and hands it to Jesse who tosses it in the trash. Mommy takes a cold wipe and wipes me down making me whine.

She coos at me and proceeds to put another diaper on me. She applies baby powder and finishes putting the diaper on me.

She pulls my dress back down and fixes the socks on my feet. She lifts me up and holds me on her hip.

Jesse follows us as Mommy carries me back to the dining room with my high chair. I see Daddy sitting down and I smile.

"There are my two girls!" Daddy says. I giggle as he stands up and kisses my head. He hugs Mommy and then takes me from her. He sets me in my chair and Mommy sits down.

Jesse leaves then Daddy sits back down and starts to talk to Mommy.

"So, Karen apparently saw her dead daughter."