Chapter Five : A Princess

I awake to another feeling of a full bladder and the light room with soft music.

The pacifier is in my mouth and the door is shut. The crib seems comforting as I'm laying on my back and staring at the mobile above my head playing the music.

It spins slowly.

I hear a noise and I look over to the president in the rocking chair that's in the corner of the room.

He smiles at me and stands up coming over to the crib. He rubs my cheek as he looks down upon my body.

"You've been a tired baby, haven't you?" I don't speak as the morning slowly dawns upon me and my bladder decides to release itself. I become terror stricken at what I just did. "Did Baby go potty?" He reaches down and feels the warm urine between my legs. I close my eyes in embarrassment. "Let's change you." He lifts me up and out of the crib. He then places me down on the changing table. He also takes out the pacifier. "Let's take that out."

He changes the diaper but then leaves me there. He heads to the dresser and pulls out some clothes. He comes back over and sets the clothes on a little stand next to my head.

He proceeds to reach under my body as I lay there not knowing what to do. "It's okay Baby, I'm just changing your clothes."

Oh God, this is so weird.

He un-pops the buttons and pulls the soft fabric out from under me. I realize I'm wearing a bra, but not mine.

Oh my God . . .

He unfolds the new clothing item and it's another dress. This time it's a lavender color. He has socks to go with it. He lifts up my upper body and guides my arms into the holes then zips up the dress before laying my body back down gently.

He then slides down to my legs. I, of course, cannot feel nor see what he's doing but by taking a guess he is putting on new socks.

When he's finished, he tosses the clothes in a basket -I only heard the noise- and then lifts me up to sit on his side like yesterday.

"So today Daddy will watch you cause later we have to go take a plane ride."

Plane ride?! Oh God I'm terrified of planes . . .

Ever since I read about 9/11 and the death of my actual father in a plane crash, I haven't wanted to even step foot in an airport let alone be on a plane.

Please God oh God. Remember how I said I wanted to die? Yeah, I don't want to anymore. I'm okay now, yeah. It's all alright. Oh God please don't kill me on that plane . . .

I clutch his shirt tightly. "What's wrong Baby Girl? You need to tell Daddy what's wrong."

"I-I-"

"What is it Baby?"

"I'm scared of planes . . ." I mumble.

"Well Daddy will hold you. I won't let you go. We leave in an hour so I have time to feed you first."

"Mr. President," I hear.

"I'll be out in a moment Ben."

"Grant we have less than an hour now. You still have to do the speech writing and then you-"

"Ben, I'm trying to take care of my little girl."

"Sir, you have to get on the plane in 30 minutes now."

"Fine! Where's Jesse? What happened to an hour?!"

"She is getting ready sir. To board the plane like you want and they want to load early."

"I have to take Spencer to get fed. I'll then do the-"

"Mr. President, we don't have enough time. You can do it on the plane." I clutch him tighter as plane is mentioned once more.

"Fine! Fine!" He opens the door as Ben stands there. "I'll work in the office for a bit."

He swiftly walks to the Oval Office as I still hold tightly to the president. Ben follows suit. I am set down on the ground by the couches. He kisses my forehead and then heads to the desk where he quickly pulls out a paper. Ben smiles at me and stands on the side of the desk closest to me.

They talk about a speech dealing with civil rights in Korea and such. I don't pay attention, I just watch how frustrated the president seems to be getting.

"No! I can't do this! It's too basic and like all the other speeches Benjamin!"

"Sir it's the best we have."

"No, I want it fixed. Better yet, I'll fix it myself. Where are we headed to again?"

"We're going to England in less than 25 minutes."

Uh, England? That's-it's. I mean it's far away, from . . . oh God.

The severity of the situation dawns upon me.

"Did you have Jesse pack Spencer's things?"

"Yes, they are boarded upon the plane along with your luggage. Why are you taking her?"

"Because Peyton won't watch her and I'm her Dad. Therefore she needs to stay with me."

No, I'll stay! I'll stay!

"Sir, we have to board."

"It hasn't been half an hour yet! Holy crap!"

"Sir they want us to board now."

"Okay! Get Spencer on." Ben turns on his heels and and comes my way. I push away, trying to escape.

He lifts me up and I push away. "C'mon Spencer," he speaks. I am whisked away down several hallways with secret service men standing on every corner.

I become frightened and hold tightly to Ben. Then we go onto a pavilion where I see a small plane. Even worse.

I grab and even claw at Ben's shoulder. "Ouch," he winces.

"Sorry," I mutter. He takes me inside and then sets me down. I grab tightly to the seats. I have real bad Aviophobia, fear of flying.

I screw my eyes shut and just hold tightly to the seat. I try to curve my body into a tight ball and I partially succeed. I just sit like that and breathe deeply trying to calm myself down.

I grip my body tightly. Then I hear the president's voice. The next thing I know I'm being lifted up. I about scream until I'm set in a lap and my back is being rubbed.

I grab his shirt and clench my fists to get my mind off of dying on this plane. I close my eyes still and feel wetness on my cheeks.

I'm so afraid right now I can't even begin to start.

Then I hear the door shut which makes me jump. He shushes me and rubs my back still. It's somewhat comforting.

The plane starts up and I scream a bit. I start to cry even more and I think I pee myself even though I already went.

"Baby Girl, you have to calm down." I don't speak as fear is trapped inside of me bubbling like a witch's cauldron.

The plane slowly takes off and the president holds me tightly so I don't move or fall off.

As the plane flies higher I hear people shuffle around.

I'm so scared.

"Baby Girl . . . " he coos. I look up at his gentle face.

"D-Daddy-" I speak ever so softly with tears pouring down my small face.