Chapter One - President's Baby Re-Write

The thoughts that go through people's minds are beyond me.

"Spencer you have to clean your room . . . " the droning of my mother goes on and on. Constantly. After awhile she pauses, "Are you even listening?" I nod, but of course it's a lie. She continues and I still pay no attention.

My mind is focused on how I'm going to just do absolutely nothing tonight, for once. For once I will do nothing but relax and watch some television probably with my cat curled up beside me, or on me for that matter.

"Spencer Ray, do you understand?" I nod, once again a lie. I heard all of what she said, but didn't listen. "Alright, I'm gonna go. Love you." She hugs me and shuts my door as she leaves. I hear multiple doors shut, then the car starting and taking off down the road.

I throw on comfy pj's and make my way downstairs and turn on the TV. My cat curls up in my lap as I watch Supernatural and the next thing I know, I'm dreaming.

A man, a tall man in a suit smiles down at me. He smiles and smiles. All I can see is his mouth. The smile perched on his face makes me want to shudder. Makes me want to run away and hide in the corner.

I suddenly wake up just as quick as I fell asleep.

knock knock knock

I rub my eyes and pause the TV. Heavy thumps come from the outside of my front door.

I look out the peephole and see two large men in suits.

My head starts to swim. I literally just woke up and now two men are knocking on my door. What?

It's too late at night for the people from church to be going around . . .

I glance through the peephole again.

Nope, those aren't church kind of guys . . .

knock knock knock

That's all I hear from them, just three knocks. I take a deep breath and I open the door.

"Hello?"

"Yes, are you Spencer Downs?" The taller one on my right speaks.

"Um . . . Who's asking?"

"Me," says an unidentified voice coming from the dark.

"Who?" Then stepping out from the darkness is a man who my mother voted for in the election two years ago.

President Grant Herald.

"Um . . . What?" My head still swims. I glance down at my bunny pj's and I suddenly feel very embarrassed.

"Hello Spencer. Care to come with me?" The tall man holds out his hand in an offer.

"Um . . . I can't l-leave my mother told me I had to-" play it safe Spencer. Play it safe.

"Had to what? Clean your room? Do the dishes? Not sit down and fall asleep on the couch?" He gives me a disapproving look catching me in my lie which wasn't so clever. I stand, dumbfounded.

Then I realize something, "Hey, isn't spying on people against one of our amendments?"

Great Spencer. You just called out the president on an amendment you're sure he knows. It would have been a better statement if you actually said which amendment it was instead of sounding like a complete idiot . . .

"Grab her." His smile turns to a frown. Suddenly the men take me by my arms and legs and lift me up off the ground. The president fills my view.

"Hey! Let me down! Let me down! HELP!" I scream. My heart races and races and I'm not sure what to do. The president comes over to me and tapes my mouth shut as I squirm. He then enters my house, shuts my TV off and shuts the door.

What's going on? Where is he taking me? Help someone!

My muffled screams stay muffled as the men bring me to a midnight black colored car in the darkness of my street.

They hold me down on the seat as the president gets inside and smiles at me with a look that makes me want to run and hide.

That's similar to the smile from my dream.

I keep squirming as the men take off the tape. I try to scream but I know it is no use as we pull off into the night.

"Sh, Spencer. Calm down honey. Calm down. Let her go. I don't want her to get bruises." They instantly take away their hands. "Come over to me. Come over to me honey. Come on, come here darling."

What should I do? Go to the crazy guy who just had me kidnapped and is the president or do I sit here with these men who could kill me with their grip and nearly did. I'll have bruises for weeks! Assuming I live that long.

"Spencer, please don't make this hard on yourself. Come to me. Please. Just sit next to me okay?" He pleads with me, his hand out and his eyes soften.

Fine. I'll go with the psychopathic president who is supposed to be running our country, not spying on and kidnapping 18 year olds girls. Fine . . .