CHANGE.

Nov, 11. Sunday, 10am.
Pov: Elizabeth Grant.

Behind the counter I sat, customers have settled, and there was a fair white noise of keyboards, conversations, and spoons stirring. Finishing my phone from my pocket I dial my grandfather Dale.

"El?"

"Hey grandpapa! I'm sorry I haven't spoken to you in ages."

"Oh El darling, I been just fine, hell, I done found this new app instant gram. It's all kinds of crap on there."

I chuckle. "Okay pa, it may be a lot, but I wanted to ask you the favor of allowing me to stay at your place for a while?"

"You know I'll be more than happy to let you come and stay with your old man! Your brothers coming?"

"No pa.. just me."
____________________________
Nov, 11. Sunday, 10:30am.
Pov: Abel Tesfaye.

Pacing back and fourth I try to calm myself from my heaving chest and sweat drenched body. My feet slap against the sleek cold floor, left and right I'm hearing things I can't part from reality.

"Daddy." I turned to my door that was cracked open, and her small face peered back at me.

Coming to a halt in my steps as I make an attempt to keep my tone steady. "Mh?"

"Are you sad?" Her small voice echoed all in my head and around the room. I took a seat at the edge of the bed and beckoned her over with open arms.

Sitting on her on my lap she frowned at me. "Im not sad princess."

"No," she shook her head.

"No what?"

"I don't want to be princess no more."

My heart sank. The moment she was born she was my princess. "Why not? Do you only want me to call you Ali bear."

"Because you sad." Her cold tiny fingers cupped my cheek. I hate for her to see me looking shitty and I know I should seek help soon, but I've been on my own all my life. Laying my hand upon hers she mumbled, "and mommy ran away. She doesn't like me daddy." Tears began falling faster than I can process.

"Alitash. . ." I lifted her chin, "don't say that. Ever. Your mom does like you. She loves you and so do I. I don't know where I'd be without you."

"Where is the rest of our family?" Her glossed over eyes stare back at me. "All the other kids have big families. I want one."

Resting my forehead against hers I bite my lip holding back everything. Last thing I can recall of my mother is her screaming at me as I left her house. The phone call I received when she found out not only had I disappeared but I resurfaced with a girl like Carmen.

Her and my father began speaking again, so I disappeared. On top of everything I was never alone, being tortured til I pass out, I can't even sleep at night because not even my dreams serve as an escape from reality. I had nobody to tell, isolation was my bestfriend. Therefore to me there is no such thing as family. Even though Carmen broke my heart and continues to bullshit with me I know Ali needs her mom. At least she isn't broken.

"Ali. . . I'm sorry. You're my favorite little girl in the whole world. You're my bestfriend, my daughter, my princess. You're my Ali Bear. I may not be able to give you the big family you want, but I'll give you the family you need."

"Okay. . ."

"You don't have to worry about me. I'll be alright."

"You'll get better?" Her face lit up in the slightest.

"Yeah," I wrap my arms around her pulling her close, "I will. I just need some time."

~~ 1pm.
Pov: Abel Tesfaye.

"Can we get a doggy now?!" She hopped up and down as we crossed the parking lot hand in hand.

"I don't think so." I grabbed the door and went in behind her. Scanning the near empty room I only spot Elizabeth in a far corner glued to a laptop. I take a deep breath before approaching her.

"Hello guys! Long time no see." A smile wiped her recent expression as soon as she looked up. "Have a seat." Closing her laptop she gestured towards the empty seats across from her.

After sitting down and catching up on surface details I sat wondering how I was going to ask the question. "You holding up? Looks like something's on your mind?" she said.

"I know it's a lot, but um I'm kinda going through it and I need some time. I was wondering if you could watch my daughter, just for a day or two."

"You'd trust me with her?" She glanced over at her and back at me with soft eyes.

"You saved my life. How could I not? I know you've been doing me favor after favor, and I don't know what speaks to you, but I can pay you back however you like."