BLACKEST DAY.

Nov, 10. Saturday, 10:30pm.
Pov: Abel Tesfaye.

Our food was plated and we were sat in her dinning room eating gourmet. My mild suspicion is only growing, because where the hell is she getting the money for this. Busy cutting into my steak the knife screeched against the plate overlapping her words. "What'd you say?" I take a bite of my food. Not a second goes by before I question her again, "are you going to repeat yourself?"

"Abel are you on the phone?" Carmen walked through the doorway hand in hand with Ali.

"Wait-" I swear we were all at the table with each other. "No, I just thought- never mind." Ali and Carmen take their seats at the round wooden table. Carmen's eyes kept wandering in my direction as if she were just as weirded out as I was. "So," I break the thick awkward tension, "care to explain."

"Do you care to explain. Your behavior is like. . . Weird as hell." She waved the knife around as she spoke with her hands. I noticed a black chain around her neck just peeking above her collar. Compared to her I wasn't acting that weird, I bought Carmen a necklace and she insisted she never liked the feelings of them.

"Doesn't matter how I'm acting I'm not leaving my daughter. No matter what goes on she comes first."

"So. . . like. . . put her first and keep her at your house." She rolled her eyes taking a sip of her wine.

"Sometimes I need a break. I have responsibilities too, and it gets hard. You're right here why can't you just help, it's your daughter."

"Boo-hoo I get to sing on stage in front of people that love me, go home and sleep in, and throw a bitch-fit when any little thing doesn't go my way," she made a pouty face.

"I chose the hard life on purpose and complain when I still have responsibilities, because I'm a grown ass adult!" I mock her.

Sniffles silence us both. We both turned to watch Ali slide off the chair and hurry to her room. "Oh brother-."

"Carmen shut up."'

"You're acting like it's my fault!"

"Damn near!" I got up and went down the hall to Ali's room. I knocked on the door before opening in on her sobs and hiding underneath her Disney princess covers in the dark. "Ali, you okay?" I close the door leaving just a crack before taking a seat at the foot of her bed.

"No. . ." Her voice cracked.

My heart sank. "What's wrong princess?"

"You and mommy fighting."

"Your mom and I have our differences sometimes," I pause in pure anxiousness. I know nothing is in the room, but I hate the dark. "I didn't mean to start fighting with her, but sometimes we hold things against each other."

"Why?" She crawled out of her blankets and into my lap.

"Because we are hurt by things that are hard to let go."

"Want a hug daddy?" She held her arms out wide. I wrapped my arms around her pulling her into an embrace. Even though she was squeezing my neck, causing a pulling on my cut I ignored the pain.

The door creaked open and Carmen's head peaked through. "By the way, I'm leaving tomorrow, so you'll have to watch Ali."
____________________________
Nov, 10. Saturday, 11:34pm.

After talking up a storm of nothing with Rakim we sat over the conversing of my father and Midge. In all honesty I haven't been feeling much towards the prince, and I wasn't too fond of midge either. I think it may be time to collect myself and make a getaway.

"Everyone, if my lady Midge could have your undivided attention." My father spoke before gesturing towards her.

As she rose her chair slid back. "As I'm a new addition to this house hold, and I'm granted the gift of a family. Elizabeth I'd like to give you a little something." she went down to grab something from beneath her seat.

"Elizabeth," my father nodded. She came up with a tiny box while I came to my feet with all eyes on me. She unlaced the pink bow and removed the lid before all of our eyes. The box revealed two sliver glistening bands.

"Aw. . ." I grin awkwardly. It reminded me just of my mother and now I surely did not like her. It feels as if her antics are all to mock my mother, all as if she knows something I don't. My nose burned and I knew the tears were coming soon. "Excuse me, I just need some air." I turned and left for the back door to have a seat on the freezing porch.

Tears fell down, but felt as if they turned to tiny icicles mid drop. It didn't take long before the prince can after me. "You good?"

"I can assure you I will be. I just feel like she's trying to take my mothers place and I dislike it."

"You sure? Ever thought that you just been in fight mode because your mama died? I don't mean no harm, but she gone. And in my eyes it looks like she trying. I think you being a bit dramatic."

"I disagree. I think my feelings are very valid right about now." I dabbed at my cool tears that were quickly drying.

"You talk like your brother. But they are valid, I'm not denying it. I'm just saying maybe calm down some."

"He isn't my brother, that's Midge's son. I truly thank you for being here for me though."

"My fault." I flashed him a quick smile before seeing headlights shine through the fence from the side of our house. We both got up to peek through the slight gaps, only to see Midge and my father piling into the car.