REAL LIFE.

Nov, 3. Saturday, 11:26am.
Pov: Abel Tesfaye.

I shot up in a cold sweat gasping for air. God damn these nightmares just keep hitting me. I snatch my phone from the nightstand looking at the time. I'm thankful to have a driver that'll drop off and pick up Ali, 'cause boy there's hella times I would've been late. Her pre-school has these weekend art classes that she swears she cannot miss.

Another shower later, I decided to neaten up a little before we have to head out. She usually stays with her mom over the weekend, but she might have to stay longer because it's hard enough trying to get rest with this cult shit and my music.

The door opens downstairs and the habitual squealing begins. "DADDY! DADDY! COME LOOK!"

I race down to meet her at the door and thank my driver Ace. She held up a drawing waving it in my face. "ITS YOU AND ME!"

I took it from her examining her work. It really didn't look shit like me, but obviously I wouldn't tell her that. It's the thought that counts. "I appreciate this a lot baby. I'll put it in my office with the others." Placing it on the counter I take her bag from her. "Go get packed you know you're going to see your mom. And pack extra you'll be there for a while."

"Awn.. but why?" She pouts.

"Because I'm super busy, and I just have to get this done." I dug my phone from my pocket scrolling through my contacts.

"Okay, can I have a doggy after this?"

"No. Now go gather your things." She crosses her arms and dramatically stomped to her room. I called Carmen to let her know, but she didn't answer. I wasn't so surprised, but damn she just never picks up when I need her too.

After waiting awhile I go check on Ali to make sure things are coming along. Looks like she's ready, and as usual she's with Lily. "Okay princess, you ready to head out?"

"No!" She crossed her arms again. "I don't want to go anymore!"

I sigh. "Why not?" I lean in the doorframe.

"You're a meanie!"

"You know everytime you ask for a dog I say no. Get your things and let's go." But she did not budge. She didn't even acknowledge what I had just told her. "Ali I'm serious. I'm not going to tell you again."

After her snatching her things up and flouncing down the steps and into the car we were finally on the way to her moms. Grabbing her bags I helped her out of the car and knocked on the door. Finally it opened. "Oh my god, hey guys," she smiled. We exchanged the habitual conversations. Ali went inside, I pulled Carmen aside.

She had no clue about the cult either, and I sure wasn't telling her. "I'm real busy, so I need you to keep Ali for the week."

She rested against the wall. "But like.. you know I'm busy too right?" She crossed her arms. I was concerned for her she was getting skinnier day by day, and seeming less herself.

"Okay..." Carmen wasn't the kind of girl to work, but she is managing herself fairly well out here. Maybe she is truly getting herself together and I definitely don't want to get in the way of that. "I'll watch her mornings and during the day, but at night she's yours." I'm certain this plan won't fuck me up, I'm only being terrorized at night.

"Mmm. . ."
____________________________
Nov, 3. Saturday 9:40pm.
Pov: Elizabeth Grant.

My father was welcoming this lady into our home. I don't feel well for greetings, so I remain seated. I haven't gotten dolled up in ages, dead curls, and suffocating in a corset. The least I could do is look presentable in the name of my father.

Giggles and warm greetings, they conversed their way to their seats. She seemed all too familiar. . . I've got a wicked feel she attended my mothers funeral. I stood up to shake hands with the women and her son. They both appeared prim and snobby. I watched them both talk up a storm of nothingness Santiago was silent while eating. My kind of guy.

"You aren't dead now are you?" My father turned the attention over to me.

"The more the merrier. Am I right?" I shot a glare at Midge, before forcing a subtle smile. A wave of chuckles filled the room, but oh how I was not playing. Shots were most definitely fired.

"Midge and I have been talking and we have arranged a prince from Crusades to come over for dinner tomorrow. He's looking to marry before coronation."

Crusades was a very wealthy place. It was nicknamed 'the city of riches.' "Sounds like an adventure." No I was not excited for this adventure. I'm not in search of a stranger looking to rule over people with another whom they've fallen in love with within three days.

"It sure will be. I just can't wait for y'all to meet." Midge chimed in with an accent of Georgia. Her son gave a partial I'm just here because I have to look.

"We've decided on some family activities to get us all together for fun. And don't worry, I checked on all your pets. We can watch a movie tonight."

"What will we be watching?" Santiago asked over all of the silence and tension. Everything feels wrong, I want this women to shut her face and leave this house immediately. She's even seated at my mothers chair!

"Excuse me." I removed the napkin from my lap and placed it on the mahogany table. "I must check on Max." Pulling my dress to ensure the fabric doesn't drag I quickly disappeared from sight. Jogging up to my room I shut the door and plopped down on my bed. I surely wasn't going back out there.