ANGEL.

Nov, 9. Friday, 4:30pm.
Pov: Elizabeth Grant.

"How'd you guys run into each other?" Making efforts to let my guard down and allow Midge in. I decided I'll put my feelings aside and make conversation while we plant new flowers around the steps of the church.

"Well, actually, it all started at," she paused biting her lip. Carefully planting the root of the plant in the dark loose soil she looked back up at me. Uttering a phrase I couldn't understand she quickly turned away.

"Where?"

"The funeral." The words flew out of her mouth hitting me like a bullet.

"You guys knew each other before hand?" my voice cracked like a wooden plank just waiting to cave in under the slightest weight of hurt.

"Oh Lordy no! It was nothing like that. I worked at a bakery. I made the velvet cupcakes. . . And your father invited me to stay a while." As she went to tuck a loc of her hair behind her red ear a pendent poked from a bracelet on her wrist. It looked to be a pentagram. "I gave him my number if he ever needed to talk. . . from late night crying to giggling."

I had no words. My iced fingers pat the soft soil down packing it around the stem of the little pink flower.

"Your mother was a beautiful woman. . . You look just like her." She went for my hand but I pulled away grabbing a damp towel from the bucket of supplies.

"I'll be in the car," I mumble wiping the crumbling dirt away. Trudging back to the car tears build up in my eyes casting a blurry veil of wasted memories and melancholy. Sliding into the car I shut the door closing myself in my own space of guilt and sorrow.

Tears spilling down my cheeks like rivers that flow onto infinity. Waiting for her to come back to take us home was like a nail being driven into my back and wiggled around. The gaping hole of shame only got bigger.

Upon entry to the house she ran into his arms cradling my fathers face and showering him with kisses. Though it isn't her fault I can no longer deal, it still appears as though she feels nothing towards me.

"Would you mind helping me with the Tv?" Santiago tapped at my leg with the remote in his hands. I glanced over at Sadie and Sparkie who were fast asleep on the couch as if they were the ones who were all worked up inside.

"Yea." I tried so hard to keep a steady tone, but my voice just shook like the same old weak plank. I followed behind him up to my room. He closed the door behind me.

"I did not need help with the Tv, but I thought you could use an escape."

Taking a seat on my bed Max did the usual, pawing at my bracelet all to just remind me of my mother again. I force a subtle smile to acknowledge his kindness.

"Would you like to watch Star Trek with me?" He sat next to me.

I nod in response.
____________________________
Nov, 9. Friday, 7:30 pm.
Pov: Abel Tesfaye.

"Daddy bear where you going?! You all dressed up!" She hopped up the steps along side me.

"I'm going to hang out with Elizabeth tonight." I knock on the door only to be answered by another man. Carmen and I clearly weren't together anymore, so it wasn't my business who was at her house, but I really don't want them around Ali. "Who are you?" I ask.

"Who are you?" He glared at Ali and I. Looking harsh and cold he crossed his arms.

"Is Carmen here or not?"

"What do you think?! If you're here to drop her off I'll take her. She'll be here in a bit."

"No thanks, I don't even know you. We will just wait until she gets here." Stepping down I take a seat on the edge. The sun was setting and my paranoia was settling, I can't stand the night. I'd rather be uncomfortable than leave my daughter in the wrong hands.

Ali and I spent time playing peek-a-boo and talking about school until Carmen finally pulled up.

"Oh hey," she approached us with a wave.

"Hey," I mock her. "There isn't a damn hey it's cold as hell and you know I have somewhere to be!"

"You could've went inside," her face twisted along with her attitude.

"With some random guy?! Hell no. Be better for your own daughter Carmen. It's getting unacceptable. I know you have things to do, but so do I."

"You act like you're perfect and stuff. When you're literally not. Chill out."

"I'm not perfect, but do I abandon her? I don't put anything above her! When you call me about her I've always been right here to help."

"So you're going to act like you didn't just forget about me during my entire pregnancy?" She rolled her eyes grabbing Ali's hand. I wanted to just yell at her that it wasn't my fault, but I'm not ready for that yet. "You can afford to say not today, on the other hand I can't."

"You made it hard on yourself, I told you whatever you needed I'd get it for you. You decided you wanted to move out here and do whatever is it your doing on your own."

"Whatever Abel. Say bye to daddy Ali."

"Bye bye daddy Bear!" She waved. "Bye Ali bear. . ."

After getting back in the car with Ace and my security I called Elizabeth for her address and to let her know we were on the way. It was 8:20 by the time we arrived to the skating rink. The sun was set and it was dark, but I'm trying not to let my fears show and have a good time. I hold the door open for her as we head inside.

"You look nice tonight," I tell her as we head over to the counter.

"You're such a sweetheart." She smiled. "You look swell yourself."

I paid and we went to put our skates on. "I hope you know I don't really know how to skate."

"That's alright, I ain't the best either." I carefully got up from the seat. "Ready?"

"Never been more ready in my life!" We linked arms stepping onto the rink. "Don't let me fall now," she giggled.

"I got you, don't worry." I haven't been skating since forever, Ace and I would hang around the rinks when we were younger. Carmen and I would occasionally come too.

We were closer to the center as I didn't want to go too fast if she didn't like that. The music slowed and so did everyone else. "Ever danced on skates?" I leaned over asking over the music.

"No, but if you'd like to try I'm down."

We both smiled in unison. I stood in front of her carefully placing my hand around her waist. "Is that okay?"

Her pale cheeks flushed pink. "Yes." Resting her arms around my neck she graced my cut that ran right down the side of my neck causing me to wince at the pain. "Oh are you okay?!"

She lifted her arms up. I placed them back on my shoulders. "It's fine, I'm okay." Dancing around in circles spending the hour tangled within each others arms, I felt more relaxed than before.