◆Laugh! II◇

(Part Two)

"Mr. Smiley!"

"Shoot!" Miyuki exclaimed, closing her eyes just as she evaded looking at Mr. Smiley's face once again.

Using her speed, she vaulted herself to the roof of the tall building. Panting, she opened her eyes and looked down concernedly at the civilians below who hadn't been able to avoid looking at the vandal, now rolling on the ground. She pursed her lips, a sinking feeling in her gut when she saw Mr. Smiley turn back around to continue painting his art onto the building's lower level wall.

Right now, if she estimated carefully looking at how far apart they were, she could make out the faint shape of his shadow on the ground. Miyuki extended her hand, getting ready to use her Quirk just as two police officers ran onto the scene.

"Hey, you! Stop that!"

Oh, no - not again! Miyuki thought, frustrated when Mr. Smiley subdued the authorities with his Quirk.

"Please don't get in the way of my art!" Mr. Smiley said before returning to his drawing. Miyuki's gaze drifted away from him, noticing a pair of bushes rustling in the wooded area behind him, and a bright smile broke out on her face when she saw both Izuku and Shoto peek out from behind a tree, the robot Mei and Power Loader made with them.

Suddenly, she let out a loud gasp when something exploded behind her and in the next instant, she felt two hands on her shoulders, spinning her around until she came face-to-face with Katsuki, her face flushing a soft pink when she saw how close he stood to her.

"You okay? Did that stupid villain hurt you?" He asked, looking over her for any injuries.

"Not at all," Miyuki replied, blushing even more when he placed his hand on her back as he angled himself in front of her, looking out of the corner of his eye at Mr. Smiley and the robot below when he was satisfied that she was alright. "I'm doing fine, like I said earlier."

"Get behind me," Katsuki ordered, pushing her to stand behind him.

"What - What're you doing? I said I'm fine," she protested, confused, stepping out from behind him and looking over the edge of the roof, too. "I was only gone for two hours, Katsuki. I'm back now."

"You were taken for two hours! By a villain with perverted intentions!"

"A petty criminal... a vandal, to be honest."

Katsuki growled lowly, putting himself between her and the edge of the rooftop again at an angle that gave him a proper view of the vandal and her, which made her sigh in annoyance.

"What, you've got Stockholm Syndrome now?" He gruffly asked, glaring daggers down at Mr. Smiley from the corner of his eye, his hand on her back clenching around her hero costume slightly. "You in love with him now or something?!"

"How could you ask me that?" Miyuki quickly replied, a tight feeling seizing her chest as she frowned deeply. "I'm not... i-in love with him -"

"Mr. Smiley!"

An explosion went off below them, cutting her off. Immediately, she and Katsuki's attention turned towards the situation playing out on the ground below and both their eyes widened in shock when they saw Mei's robot short-circuiting as Mr. Smiley faced it before malfunctioning entirely, rendering it useless when it shut down.