◆Go! Operation: MOFKAFIL II◇

(Part Two)

Miyuki bristled, feeling his warm breath fanning gently over her mouth and her hand pressed over his heart. She blinked, stunned by her own actions before jumping back, retracting her hand like it'd come into contact with molten lava. If she weren't in a dark, sealed space already, she would have gladly dug herself a hole, jumped in, and never re-emerged.

Her cheeks dusted a darker crimson as she met his gaze and Miyuki internally breathed a sigh of relief when she saw he wore a simple, black vest, for she feared the warm sensation she felt when she touched him was from his bare skin. Still, it didn't make her feel any less bashful considering where she put her hand, and Miyuki quickly looked away from him.

"S-Sorry. I should have used my light sooner," she said, raising her hand a little higher above her head, illuminating their surroundings more. Katsuki's face flushed and he averted his gaze, too, turning to the spice rack right next to him.

"It's fine. Let's just get out of here," he said, looking over the assortments of herbs and spices on the shelf. His gaze drifted to the dark space behind it and he turned to Miyuki again. "Hey. Can't you use your shadow Quirk to teleport us somewhere else?"

"I could... but there are some conditions that need to be met to get to the other place," Miyuki answered. "Like, first off, I need to know just where to teleport us to. In addition to that, where we go has to have shadows of similar or same density in order to get there properly. Even then, these ones are pretty thick..." Miyuki frowned, tracing the wall with her other hand. She tried to push it through the shadow, but only partway through before retracting it. "...so it'd be just like swimming one or two hundred feet underwater."

Cursing under his breath, Katsuki sat on the ground with his back against the wall. Miyuki looked at him with concern, taking in his irritated expression as he glared daggers at the door. She wondered if he was thinking of blasting it off anyway. She was tempted to do so herself, but was it worth going through with just to get into trouble for damaging school property later?

Miyuki sat down across from him, the ball of light in her hand jostling slightly from her movement. "We'll be out of here soon," she said, trying to assure him. "I'm sure Iida-Kun's calling Aizawa-sensei or one of the other teachers to come deal with this."

"This must've been part of their damn plan all along," Katsuki gruffly stated, placing his elbows on his knees, turning his glare to the ground. He shivered, and Miyuki raised a brow in curiosity. "Damn it...! I knew those idiots were up to something...!"

"What... who are you talking about?" Miyuki asked. She scooted a little closer to him, bringing her light lower to provide more warmth.

"Hair-for-brains, Raccoon eyes, and Flat face planned to lock us up in here from the start," he explained.

"Do you mean Ejirou-Kun, Ashido-Chan, and Sero-Kun?" She asked and he nodded. "That's an oddly specific list... I don't see a reason for them to lock us in here, though. It was more likely just an accident..."

"Yeah, a well thought-out one."

She couldn't deny he did make a strong point - the door did just so happen to break right after Katsuki walked in, and she recalled how oddly Mina behaved earlier when she was talking about getting more spices for the pasta, and she did find it weird to see her and Ejirou standing stationary in the corridor like that when class ended. At first, she thought they might've been waiting for someone, but she realized that was the same time she slipped and Katsuki caught her right before she fell.

"Well..." Miyuki started, running a hand through her hair. "I guess... in the case you are right and this was all a part of their plan, why would they go this far? Why us?"