Sight Beyond Sight

Brunhilde trudged through the thick marshes of the Ballow Swamplands, a biome that rested a on the outskirts of the Charlie Cape. Just a little further and she'd find herself a village where she could pay a boat driver to take her to Queen's Puddleland. From there, she could take a ferry to Fero Village. At which point, Brunhilde was a hop skip and a jump from Pure Heart Valley.

"I can't believe they're still on that whole pact thing," Brunhilde grumbled to herself. "I was sure we had put it all behind us."

If Brunhilde remembered correctly, they were less than a month away from the pact's deadline. Brunhilde found herself wishing they had forgotten, if they had, it would have been much easier. Whose idea was it to set a ten year deadline on the pact? That's such an absurd amount of time for a mistake they made in their youth.

Regardless though, Brunhilde still kept trudging through the marsh. The only thing that held present in her mind was her wish, and she'll be able to fulfill it by gathering with her siblings.

•••

Badgerclops sat at the kitchen table, which has been feeling smaller and smaller lately. Prior to Minori visiting, it had just been the three of them, now the table was seating seven. But it came its own set of upsides, like daily five star breakfasts.

Minori stood before the stove, humming as she flipped the batter in the frying pan. The pancake had a nice golden brown on the other side, letting Minori know she made it perfectly. Once it was finished, Minori brought the giant stack of pancakes to the table, dispersing the disks of fluffy goodness to each of the individuals.

"Eat up everyone," Minori said, sitting down at her own seat. The group dug into the discs of deliciousness. As usual, Minori's dishes were the finest anyone tasted.

Ashaki looked up from her pancakes, her eyes glazed over, as if she was just staring off into space. "Looks like we might have to cut this meal short," said Ashaki, quickly stuffing the last of the pancakes in her mouth.

"Momfar abbakj?" Minori said with her mouth full. Ashaki just rolled her eyes and nodded. Minori's eyes lit up, jumping from the table she ran for the door.

Badgerclops and Adorabat looked at each other, then looked over to the rest of the group. Mao Mao just sat in silence, while Violet gave the answer to their silent question.

"There's a monster attack," Violet didn't seem to be in a rush to finish her pancakes.

"Really? Man, it feels like forever since we've had a proper monster attack," Badgerclops leaned back in his seat.

"Come on!" Adorabat had already left her seat, flying towards the Aerocycle.

Badgerclops begrudgingly left his pancakes, heading to the garage, with Mao Mao close behind them. "You coming, Tanya?"

"Nah," Tanya denied, getting another mouthful of pancakes. "Minori and Ashaki, as well as you three? That monster has no chance, me jumping in seems like overkill. But don't worry, I'll make sure your left over pancakes don't go to waste!" Tanya gave her classical devious smirk, eyeing Badgerclops' leftovers.

Badgerclops felt a pang of jealousy, he really wanted to stay and finish his pancakes, but if he tried, Mao Mao would surely shout at him to get his lazy butt out onto the aerocycle. "Okay, if you say so."

Once Badgerclops left the room, Violet eyed Tanya, wandering what the tanuki's plot was this time. Tanya caught the warrior's doubtful gaze. Tanya just smirked in return.

"What?" Tanya said. "I can't just stay to enjoy some nice pancakes?"

•••