Bow Before the Queen

Unaware of the pandemonium outside, sweetypies Benny and Penny sat in front of the oven, watching cake batter expand in its pan.

"Oh, I do hope that it will all turn out okay," said Penny.

"Surely it will," Benny replied.

Their hopes would be dashed when their front door swung open, Tanya scanning the room, her eyes locking onto the newlyweds. "Come on you lovebirds," Tanya jumped over to them, turned off the oven, and scooped up the puppy sweetypies. "Evacuation time," Tanya ran outside, where Mao Mao and dozens of her clones were pulling sweetypies from their homes.

"B-but, our cake," Penny stammered.

"Will be there when you get back!" Tanya replied.

Mao Mao directed some sweetypies west, where a line of them were beginning to form as they left the vicinity. Tanya placed Benny and Penny down, pushing them into the crowd.

"How's it looking?" Tanya called to a clone perched on the rooftops.

"Minori and the Queen are still duking it out up there!" The clone called back. "Some wasps are beginning to straggle, they're coming dangerously close!"

"Well isn't that peachy," Tanya mumbled to herself.

"We're still making good time," Mao Mao noted. "You keep the people moving, I'll take care of the stragglers!" Mao Mao scaled the drainage pipe of the closest house, vaulting onto the rooftops. Mao Mao leaped from one rooftop to the next, slashing at the wasps as he passed by. "You're not gonna get me again!"

•••

Minori tumbled over the back of the queen wasp, digging her claws into the back of the monster for purchase. Twenty minutes, she's fought this thing in the air, using its own body as her footing. Her claws were barely able to break the exoskeleton of the bug. Minori thought about slashing the wings, but when she tried, the wings rapid motion batted her hand away, and it hurt her hand like hell when it did.

The stinger on the was was a foot long, she tried to rip it out, but it was imbedded good. Unfortunately, it would seem like Ashaki was right again. They should have waited to form a proper plan of attack. Now she was stuck hundreds of feet in the sky, over a populated area, in the midst of an emergency evacuation.

Why do I always do this? Minori asked herself.

•••

Mao Mao slashed down the last of the stragglers, for now. Looking towards the swarm, he could make out a few more breaking formation. This may be a good way to test his new technique. He had been taking what Tanya told him to heart, "You feel powerless? Then get stronger!" When he had time in the day, he would practice the new technique in the woods, close to the lake near the kingdom.

However, the monster was too far away and moving too erratically to aim properly. He may even hit Minori and knock her off of the wasp queen. The stragglers were upon him, seven total. This time, Mao Mao was ready, he paid attention to each of the targets, taking their path-finding into account. With three swipes of Geraldine, he slaughtered all of the wasps. Four with the first swipe, two with the second, and the last one's path took it away from his second swipe, so it got one all its own.

This was such a mess, out of everyone who currently held residence in the Sheriff HQ, the only long distance fighters were Ashaki and Badgerclops, both of which were a distance away. Badgerclops was on the move, and Ashaki was up at the castle last he checked. For word to travel up the spire, it would take too long. So until Badgerclops arrived upon the scene, they would have to hold the line.