Chapter Thirty

A/N:

1. exams are done and that means i'm here and ready to fuuck shit up

2. I posted chapter one of Breezeblocks, which if you didn't know is @TakeUs2OneDirection and I's fanfiction on The Outisiders so um pls read because we only have 38 reads and no comments, sooo..... please? I'll love you 5ever

3. question of the update: what career choice do you want to have?  i want to be a writer, a psychologist (biopsychology or criminal psychology) or a marine biologist, or an astronomer

reader shout out: princessstephanie__ thanks for being perfect and adorable love u

song recommendations:

Breezeblocks by Alt-j

The Hills by The Weeknd

Day 67

Chapter Thirty

I have noticed that an endless stretch of time gives you all the time that exists, and that ever existed, and that ever will exist, and all the time more to think.   And that made me ask, does Neverland have an infinite amount of time, or is it timeless?

I have grown pensive, and I have learned to cool some of my fires.  However, I have many more that still burn relentlessly. 

The sea swayed like a belly dancer, rolling it's turquoise coils and flushed white foam across the white-washed beach, her aquatic mouth blowing it around my callused feet.  I pushed my hands a fraction beneath the sand, curling my knuckles as the softness fell through my fingers. 

I wished the sun would come down from the sky and ask me how I was doing.  Neverland became awful lonely again.  Gale's anger sweltered across the entire island.  I felt like I could feel his wrath from where I sat on the beach.  It felt terrible to see him so raging, who his face red and his eyes wet and-

I shook my head quickly and curled my legs into me, resting my cheeks between my knees.

What does the deal with Pan do for me anyway?

I'm respectful to him, and he's respectful to me.  That's it?  So why did I have to lose my best friend over it?

Pan is strewn with loopholes.  He's a trap in himself.  He's devious and finds all these ways for me to succumb to him.

I swear, he just looks at me and I'm there to do whatever his bidding may be.  Though, I could end everything so quickly.  I could scream his first name into the void.  For a moment, I'd be the victor.  I'd have his dirty, black heart squirming in my fingernails for a split second.

Until I was falling into the Well of Condemnation, of course.

My frustration got the best of me and I burrowed my feet into the cooling sand.  The mutinous aches in me began to crawl outward. 

Peter, I mouthed into my kneecap.

No, no!  I shouldn't be doing this.

"Peter," I whispered.

Not loud enough.

"Peter." I said.  Clear.  Loud. Ringing into the sea.

I sighed, tangling my fingers in my tousled hair.

Parts of me want to explore.  Parts of me feign for how far I'm willing to go.   But there's limits to me. There's limits to all of us mortals.

But not him.  He's limitless.  There isn't a number on how much Pan can stretch out your bones. He can tug your veins until they're wrapped around the Earth a million times.  Still, no limit.  He can show me greatest terrors in the palm of his hand.