Chapter Two

A/N:

I felt like updating, this book is so fun to write! I'm just starting a little slow, sorry! Chapter Four it should start coming together(:

To clarify: Pan and Felix are the only characters from Once Upon a Time in this book! I made up my own lost boys.

Read, vote, comment <3

Song Recommendations:
Hudsonville, MI 1956 by La Dispute
Blue by Gemini

Chapter Two

Days In Neverland: 1

For a brief moment, I felt thrown back in time.

I was thrown back to my juvenile days of lying on the beach, face pressed into the sand and basking in the Michigan sunlight, only feeding a sort of drowsiness that let me sleep there. I was eight years old again, in my clothing damp enough to let the grit stick, hair tangled with the broken shells miniscule to be dust, feet red from the molten sand. Sand was hot, I remembered. Sand could make you blister if you stood there long enough. But not here.

I woke up and the sand was cool. It must be sunset, then. I opened my eyes, and the earth was tipped, but I sat up and caught the whole of the beach.

A little cove was where I was lying. A small stretch of beach, just perfect for the castaway I appeared to be. Clothes still intact, I checked. Baby blue cheerleading tee was dry enough to brush the sand off as was the black shorts. Barefoot, I remembered I was barefoot before I even opened my eyes. The sand never burned.

Shakily, I pushed myself off the ground and faced the ocean ahead, ocean, lagoon? Lagoons are greenish, right? This wasn't. Bright blue. Bright bright blue. A deeper color meant deeper depths, but that was past the eye. And the eye could really see this; the ocean wobbled like glass was melting.

Curling, curling tides, they rolled beneath themselves gently enough to only push the sand on the shoreline around. I slipped a hand into its wake: warm, bathtub warm.

I faced the horizon again, just to see the sun dangling low like it was strung through the clouds with twine. The clouds were white, whiter than white, feathery and light and rippling through the sunlight.

I turned around, and was confronted with a forest. Thick, lush, tropical plants kissing the trail rippling through. Beautiful, it seemed. As I took a step closer, I noticed it got darker and darker the farther down you looked, and eventually, it looked nothing more than black.

A little disturbed, I turned back toward the water, the tide never ceasing its pattern of up and in, down and out. Mesmerizing it was.

Did a place like this really exist? Where even was I? This island, so fantastic and flawless, how could it be? How could such a place be created?

"Dreaming," I concluded, "dreaming," I repeated, "I could only dream of such a thing."

"Not quite."

I gasped as I spun on my heel to face the forest, but came short and fell back onto my bottom.

Standing on the beach, right at the entry of the trail leading through the trees, he stood tall and broad with muscular arms to dangle by his sides stiffly. Wavy brown hair, clean cut jaw, perfectly groomed, eyes violently green to match the shallow sea. Young, I observed. But noble looking, indeed, and I immediately inferred he owned this miraculous world.

"Hello?" I asked quietly, watching him approach me with quiet footsteps. I felt inferior and small near him, especially in my seated position in the sand.

"Hello," he said, in a voice so thick and accented like he was raised in Britain. He outstretched a courteous hand, "Welcome to Neverland."

"Neverland?" I laughed, grabbing his arm and letting him pull me up. "I'm in a place called Neverland?"

"Indeed you are," he nodded lightly.

"Why? I, how..." he released me as I gazed down in wonderment. Neverland? What a peculiar name.

"You summoned me," he began walking in a circle in between the path and I, "when you were in that realm and state of mind, in that place between sleep and awake, in that place where you still remember dreaming, you said you believed in me. And now, here you are," he raised his hands, "here in Neverland."

I frowned, "How can I summon you if I don't even know who you are?"

He laughed a little in his throat. "Is that an invitation to introduce myself?"

I nodded slowly.

"I'm Peter Pan," he said simply, "I live here on this island. I own it, and everything in it and on it. Including you."

"What? You don't own me!" I stammered, stepping back when he stepped closer.

"Ah, but you're on my island," he said, like the answer was obvious.

"But-"

"Introduce yourself," he said quickly.

"I-" my throat closed in on my words, "I'm Andria."

"Come to camp, Andria," he said, and grabbed my wrist. I flinched. "It'll grow dark soon."

"I don't know if I want to come to your camp with you," I defied unsurely, resisting a little when he pulled me toward the pathway into the forest.

"You," but he stopped. Looking closely at the wrist of mine he held in his hand, he squinted his eyes a little, bringing my arm up for inspection.

Judgment, that's what I felt, slithering through me with a sickening burn. He traced my bumpy skin with his fingers, sliding the tips in between them like maze walls. It was silent; he waited until he touched every last one.

"Hm, you did this?" he asked curiously. There wasn't the slightest hint of confusion or worry, all curiosity, only curiosity.

"Yeah," I murmured, watching him as he kept pressing them. I winced as the salt of his hands brushed against some more open but I kept myself intact.

"Hm," he said again, curving his lip a little as he continued.

"Stop," I said, shaking weakly in his fingers.

He ignored me. "These remind me of...cracks in a pavement, or streaks in the sky, or the lines on a tree bark. Ever seen lines on a country road?"

"Do not beautify this," I hissed, throwing my arm behind me and out of his grasp. He stepped back and blinked a few times, before he chuckled lightly.

"Just trying to make you feel better, angel." He said.

"Well it's not." He was already off on a bad note.

He reached for my hand. "Come on," he said, "camp."

And I followed him along.

A/N:

sorry, I'm not very good at developing characters )-:

I hope you enjoyed(:

Can I just point out that 2014 has been so good to me so far??? I'm like untouchable