25: Cub

I have so many songs in my spotify playlist I act out the first section of this to

I'm so excited to write it

Tw: torture

Around a month ago

'Right. Here's the deal.'

I fight a groan as I open my eyes. My head explodes with pain. I'm sat down, hands behind me. Tied behind me. What happened? Where am I?

A flash of memory. Masked figures. A break in. And then someone knocked me out and...

I'm here.

There's a table in front of me. And behind the table is an elf with long blonde hair and cold blue eyes. Familiar. Why are they familiar? Why do I know her?

'Here's the deal.'

'Let me go.' I demand. 'Let me go. Get out my house.' My hands pull against the rope, but it doesn't give way.

'Oh no, Cub. You have a deal to fulfil.

Recognition.

She's the one who hurt Scar. The one I swore to help. 

True Symmetry.

'What do you want, True?'

'You're gonna steal something for me.'

'What?'

True laughs, wandering around the room. My room. Looking at all my stuff like they're hers. 

'You're going to steal Queen Pearl's dragon egg and give it to us'

'And what will you do with this egg.'

'Rule Hermitia.'

'No.'

'Even if I tell you the alternative?'

'What's the alternative?' I fight the rope again. But I can't get free. It doesn't work. True laughs, placing a picture on the table. One of Scar.

'I make you watch us torture your little friend until he bleeds to death.'

'Scar's gone.'

'Gone? I bet we can find him. And if not? We're going to burn this place to the ground in front of you with everything you own in it. And leave you on the streets to die.'

I don't reply. 

'It's your choice, Cub.'

A piece of parchment is slid in front of me. The deal from before, my name written dark red at the bottom. And then another.

I hereby swear to help True Symmetry and the True Vengeance acquire Queen Pearl's dragon egg or risk the destruction of my home and/or death of Scar Goodtimes.

Signed ________

'Why?' 

'Why what?'

'Why would you do this? What did we do to you?!' 

'Because your noble family of Vex drove us from our home. I was a CHILD.' True slams her hands on the table. 'And I was fleeing from everything I knew with nothing because your FATHER felt the need to destroy our village. Take the land. Bury everything I knew in dirt and pretended the hills around the House of Vex were always there.'

'That wasn't me.'

'I'm the only one who survived.' True hold a knife to my neck, forcing me to look into her icy eyes. 'I laughed as they ransacked your home and killed your parents.'