Chapter 2: Devil women

The next day Hades woke up to the loud sounds of smoke detectors going off. Concerned he began teleporting all over the house trying to find an explanation for the noise. Until he came across the kitchen that was full of smoke as well as a small fire that burned on a pan.

Hades immediately rushed over to see Grace stand in her new nightgown, on a step stool covering her face as she coughed from the smoke. He quickly picked the girl up and sat her onto the long island in the center of the kitchen. He snapped his fingers and a bucket of water appeared in his hands to which he used to put out the flames. When it was out he turned to look at grace. "Just what in the underworld were you thinking?!" His flames turned bright red.

"I was trying to make breakfast." She frowned and lowered her head.

Hades sighed as he brushed his flames back, returning them to their normal blue color. He had to remember that this was a young girl who had lost everyone she knew. So he tried to take it easy on her, which was hard for a god. "You should know that cooking without an adult is dangerous."

"My Grandmother made me do most of the cooking. I was gonna surprise you with breakfast in bed." She looked up at him with a sad expression.

In Hades' head he was thinking of all the ways he could punish that woman's soul if he was back home in the underworld, but unfortunately he wasn't. "While I appreciate the gesture, kid." He turned to the now burned meal sitting on the stove then back to grace "Why don't you leave the cooking to me. How does eggs and bacon sound?"

Grace smiled and nodded her head. Eggs and bacon were some of her favorite leftovers as her grandmother never appreciated them, so they were what she could fill up on the most.

"Pain! Panic!" He called. The two imphs came rushing down and saluted at their leader. He picked Grace up and placed her on the ground "take her outside for some fresh air while I make breakfast."

"Sure t..t..thing boss!" Panic said as pain took Grace's hand.

"And don't go too far from the house!" He shouted as they dashed out of the back door. Hades turned and looked at the mess of the kitchen. He snapped his fingers immediately clearing the room of smoke, and the burnt up pan. Looking in the fridge he pulled out some bacon and a carton of eggs and got to cooking.

Five minutes later he could hear a familiar voice coming down the steps from upstairs. Hades turned his head to see cruella coming down the steps. "Finally, someone familiar." She took her cigarette out of her mouth "are you the reason for me being her cause if so, YOU ARE THE REASON I'M MISSING MY SUMMER FASHION LINE UP DEBUT!"

"Relax cruella" he began putting the eggs and bacon onto plates "i'm not the reason for us to begin here. And no, I don't know how to get home. What I do know is I think it has something to do with her." He gestured to the backyard. Cruella looked out to see the sweet little innocent grace playing some sort of game with pain and panic.

Though Cruella thought she looked adorable, she was annoyed with what she was wearing. "Are you letting her run around in a nightgown?!"

"Hay it's the only decent piece of clothing she has."

"Please tell me you aren't being serious darling." He looked over his shoulder, his face non expression. Cruella looked at him shocked as he proceeded to explain the events of the previous day. By the time Hades was done, cruella was sitting on one of the stools surrounding the counter, speechless. "Sounds just like a messed up Cinderella story. Imagine if Tremain did any of this?"

The idea of that women showing up began to make Hades boil. "I'd rather not think of that." He then turned and placed the plates of bacon and eggs onto the counter. "Think you can make her a new wardrobe?"

"Of Course darling, i can be the girls personal stylist!"

He thanked her as he walked over to the back door, opened it, and called out "Breakfast!"

The trio stopped what they were doing and rushed inside. But when Grace saw Cruella she stopped and pointed at her. "You're the Devil women!"

Cruella was taken back by the girl's comment, unsure if she heard her correctly. "I beg your pardon?!"

"You, you're the one who wanted to turn those puppies into clothes. How could you, they didn't do anything to you!"

She looked at Hades "how does she know this?"

Grace immediately took off back to the screening room and took 101 dalmation of the dvd rack. When she returned she handed the dvd case over to which cruella looked surprised and disguised. "They made a movie off of my story!"

"They did the same thing to me." Hades said as he took the dvd from her hands and tossed it aside before Cruella burned it with her cigarette. He then picked grace up and sat her in one of the stools, scooting over a plate of eggs and bacon. "Now kid, you can't call her devil women."

"But she tried to harm animals."

"So, you're eating bacon, that's an animal." Cruella countered.

"Not animals you eat, but animals that are supposed to be used as c..com..com"

"Companions?" Pain asked, trying to see if he could guess the word she was looking for.

"Ya that." She bit into the bacon and eggs, scarfing them down like she hadent eating in weeks. When she was finished she took the dvd back to the rack in the movie room.

"Well she's gonna be a bit hard to work for." Cruella mumbled as Grace walked away "know if there's a sewing room in this place?"

Hades thought for a moment "I think I saw one upstairs next to one of the bedrooms. I can show ya once the kid comes back."

Once Grace came back Hades showed them to the sewing room which had a bedroom attached to it. Perfect for cruella to unwind and work on her wardrobe for her new mandatory client.

Grace looked around at how the room changed since she was last in it. It used to be her moms and she loved designing outfits for her and her daughter to wear. The two villains watched as she looked around. "This was my mothers. Grandma locked it when they died because she didn't want me coming in here messing things up." She moved herself over to a closet in the wall and opened it. She was hoping to see a box but there was none.

"Kid, everything alright?" Hades asked as he stepped over.

"The box mom and I had clothes in, she got rid of it." She looked ready to cry but Hades lifted her up and held her. "Hey now, we're not gonna dwell on the past. Ya your grandma was a jerk but now you're gonna get a whole new wardrobe." He then handed her over to cruella who agreed with a smile. "I'll leave you two ladies to get cracking on styles. And make sure it's age appropriate cruella!"

"Don't worry hades, by the time I'm done with her, she'll look fabulous!" Grace waved bye to Hades as Cruella shut the door and placed her in a chair next to the sowing table. "So Hades tells me your grandma's fashion style was-'' she tried to find the word best for a 6 year old "interesting. So tell me what do you like?"

"Dresses, shirts, shorts, paints, anything that covers and is not made of animals. Promise me they won't be made from animals.

"But animal fur is the best-"

"PROMISE ME OR I'LL KICK YOU OUT!" Grace yelled like she was about to have a tantrum.

"Alright I promise, now let's go see what we can do for a new outfit." She sat herself down and pulled over a box of full of fabric "now, what's your favorite color?"

Note:
Also I've started a discord sever for people to help out in writing the chapters, if interested here's the link:
https://discord.gg/YaA8vndS

Grace and the villainsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara