D±DAY

Sungjin hears his heartbeat loudly in his ears as he gathers all his confidence, taking a deep breath. He walks out of the kitchen of their dorm and into the living room.

He freezes once he sees his bassist sitting on the couch, elbows on his knees and phone in his hands as he scrolled down his social media.

Younghyun notices him standing by his bedroom door and Sungjin swallows all his confidence.

"U-um..." Sungjin walks closer to him until he was standing in front of him.

Younghyun looks up at him, frowning confusedly at his nervous state.

"K-Kang – Young-Younghyun-ssi," Sungjin stutters badly, and he mentally curses himself for it.

Younghyun looks down at bit and watches Sungjin's fingers fidget with each other in front of him and then looks up at him again. 

Younghyun raises a brow and for once, Sungjin feels intimidated by him. He swallows again and Younghyun watches his throat move at that. Younghyun is extremely confused.

"Did you just call me 'Younghyun-ssi'?" Younghyun chuckles a bit.

"You... you know 'D-Day', right?" Sungjin ignores his teasing tone and finally looks at him in his eyes.

"D-Day?" Younghyun frowned deeper when Sungjin flinched. "Oh, your radio night at Station Z, right?"

Sungjin nods, and Younghyun nods back, "Yeah. Of course, I know about it. I used to listen sometimes in the camp."

Sungjin gets even more nervous, "U-Um... would-would you like to come with me next week?"

"You want me to come with you to the studio?" Younghyun blinks. "Like, as a guest on D-Day?"

Sungjin looks down and nods, heart beating faster and its sound against his ear is deafening. 

"Yeah," Younghyun shrugs and Sungjin looks up at him, surprised. "Yeah, I'll come with you. I missed the studio. It'll be fun with you, too!"

Younghyun stands up and smiles at him, stealing a kiss on his forehead – which he had never done before – and walks toward the kitchen. Sungjin feels himself turn beet red, his body getting hot.

Younghyun comes back out after drinking some water. Sungjin steps back a bit once his face pops into his sight again. He was frowning.

"Why are you so nervous?" Younghyun laughs a bit. "I won't turn you down, hyung. It's like you don't even know me."

"I-I don't know... I just got nervous..." Sungjin scratches his head.

Younghyun smiles and pulls at him to sit beside him on the couch, "You didn't need to ask me, you know, because I will never say no to you. If you want me there, just tell me. I'll come with you."

Sungjin smiles, feeling his heart calm down. But then his heart sinks as he thinks about the day that Younghyun rejects him.