Ch 15: One angry POW

Date: December, 2023

Italica Castle, Italica

Maverick's Pov

After one of us ordered 5th Recon to retreat Itami and I were taken prisoner by Pina's knights. They dragged us back to Italica tied to their horses. They also stripped us our gear, my wound is hurting like like shit with some bleeding and I'm still pissed off. Also along the way they didn't want to rough up Itami as I already did that.

It was pretty badly.

We're both leaning against the wall with Hamilton seeing us and Pina berating her subordinates.

Pina: WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE?!

She throws a goblet at the blondie's head who I learned her name was Bozes. Seriously, are all the Rose-Order of Knights named after drinks? God, I hope I don't meet one named after Martini or Tequila. But Vodka, maybe...

Pina:*heavy breathing* You idiots!

Bozes falls to her knees with her now head bleeding.

Now look who's bleeding now!

And the white haired one named Panache puts a cloth over her wound.

Panache: Your Majesty! What have we done to make you this angry?

Go ahead Princess Cocktail! Tell 'em!

Pina: Don't you all get it?

Hamilton: Master Itami, Master Kuribayashi! Are you both alright? 

Me: Maybe, see to him first.

Itami reeling from the pain keels over. Maybe I whooped his ass too hard.

Several maids enter and take Itami away leaving me alone with Pina and one of her officers an older man named Grey. Pina is sitting in a chair face palming.

Pina: We have broken the treaty one the very first day.

Grey: They can use this as a reason to restart the war. I wouldn't put it past your father to do that. But we don't know what these "Japanese" and "Americans" would do the same thing.

Well, maybe in different time period where it was Imperial Japan they will actually. But here I don't see that happening.

Now the US...........Oh God. I left those three in charge. They may be rank Corporals, but they were and somewhat on paper still 1Lt.

Grey: Wait? Why is he still here?

Me: Great question, also why am I still tied up here?

Pina: Of course, Grey untie him please.

Grey unties me and I rub my wrist afterwords.

Me: Thank you for that, Grey.

Grey: Your welcome. At the very least Bozes and Panache didn't go overboard and kill them both immediately.

After weighing their options on how to respond, Grey is dismissed leaving me with Pina. I get up and sit in a chair in front of Pina.

Pina: Please forgive my subordinates for your treatment.

Me: It's fine, I had worse. And they didn't know about the treaty. Though the blonde one "Bozes" she punched me pretty hard in my arrow wound.

Pina: Oh, do you need it looked at?

Me: Probably. So back to my original question, why am I still here?

Pina: I was hoping you and I could talk.