Ch 9: Let's talk first

Date: December, 2023

Outside of Italica

Maverick's Pov

Italica is under siege by bandits, the only people defending the city are a few trained soldiers and a civilian militia. The attackers have been driven off for now, but they're probably just regrouping. We park our vehicles outside the walls and wait.

Brown:*on the radio* Think they noticed us?

Williams: I mean, who would miss a couple of large woodland colored military vics.

Fernandes: If not, then it's a miracle that they held this city for a while.

It was then a voice we hear from the city walls.

???: Tu illuc! Vosmet ipsos cognoscite! Si inimicus noster non es, nunc in apertum veni!(You there! Identify yourselves! If you're not our enemy come into the open now!)

Me: Well it's time.

Rafaki:*on the radio* What's the gameplan?

Me:*on the radio* Listen up, this is how it's gonna go down. Myself, Itami, Rafaki, Towson, Takahashi, Rory, Tuka and Lelei are going move to the city gate on foot. Nobody makes a move until we give the call. And if the worst should happen I want you to wheel the vics around and get out of here. One LAV stays to pick us up. We clear?

Everyone:*on & off the radio* Yes sir.

Me: Itami, Rakaki, Towson and Takahashi, we'll leave our primaries here but keep our side arms handy we don't want to provoke any hostility. Lelei, Tuka, Rory you head up first, the rest of us five will follow behind you.

Lelei: Right then

Tuka: Okay.

Rory: Of course.

Itami: You sure about this, K?

Me: I'm pretty sure they know who Rory is and I doubt they'll be a little hesitant about shooting at us once they see her, but we'll stick close to them. Everyone ready?

Everyone nods their heads.

Rakaki:*on the radio* All set.

Me: Alright, let's do this.

Williams & Kurata: LEEEEERRROY-

Me & Towson: Shut up!

Williams & Kurata: Sorry.

Lelei steps out first, then Tuka, then Rory followed by Itami, then Towson followed by Takahashi and myself. I then see Rakaki coming up behind me as we make our way toward the city wall.

Hill:*on the radio* So far, so good you guys.

Itami: Yeah, excellent call on bringing Rory with us. Nobodies shooting at us.

We approach the door, Itami knocks on it we can here someone remove a lock and suddenly the door open an knocks Itami on his ass and reveals a red haired woman wearing light armor.