𝟑. 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐁𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐦

I Nicolette Spellman, drained and tired, sat courtly on the leather chair running along the books of the sanctum. Most, would find this library chilling as a result of the dim light shined at night. I found the toilling atmosphere within the academy of unseen arts, to be very suffocating and mostly tiring especially for junior students like myself.. The Sanctum was often a getaway for me and gave me time alone to process my studies.

My mind ran rampant through the hours leading up to the witching hour. I had a right to be excited. For Satan's sake, Tonight is the night. The night i've been hoping for Sabrina since i was her age. After tonight she will officially become a member of the church of night.

No Serpant's tongue could express the joy i felt for my younger sister. I know this is what our father would have wanted.

The diamonds glistened on the blonde's neck, and her black satin dress fitted her body perfectly. Music drowned out most of the irritating voices of the the sisters i shared my dorm with.

"Get up, and help me pick a dress nics." A familiar voice urged. It's voice powerful enough to startle me enough out of my daze. "I don't know what dress will get me a man tonight."

Before me, stood Prudence with her arm crossed. Prudence was never one for waiting When she wanted something she got i right away. We were pure opposites with our patience but we both thinks thats what brought us closer.

Wether it was the gossip trapped inside the Academy's walls, Or the men she hexed for hidden reasons. Prudence was infamous.

I followed Prudence towards our massive walk-in closet and helped her pick out the perfect dress. And it would be the weird sister if they all didn't match dresses, which ultimately to no one's surprise was the case tonight.

...

Hand in hand we walked, through the archway built of thousands of branches and vines. As Sabrina entered through the pathway her purely white dress found itself corrupted with the dark color. Black.

"Don't worry sister, we're almost there!" I encouraged to my younger sister. "I know you're scared but the dark lord will grant mercy on our family name and yourself sister."

Sabrina just nodded and bit her lips and we both approached the hellfire lit entrance to the ceremony. I took a detour from Sabrina and stood with the three sisters. Almost all members of our coven was present. Some missing most likely because of the hate they hold against out family name.

"Welcome, Daughter of Night." Father Blackwood's voiced boomed with authority. "Who presents this child for unholy baptism?"

I never found Father Blackwood to be intimidating but if i were Sabrina i would honestly hold back tear at the moment.

"We do, your excellency" The aunts said in unison, a couple inches behind Sabrina.I hear aunt Zelda and aunt Hilda whispered something to Sabrina but i didn't quite heard them.

Sabrina was now disrobed and knelt before the High Priest. Then comes the questions of loyalty. The questions asked to fit it deem to the loyalty of our dark lord. But first Father Blackwood smeared goat's blood in the sign of the upside down cross on Sabrina's forehead.

"Our  dark lord teaches us. there is no law beyond. Do what thou wilt." Father Blackwood proceeded with the questions.

"Our Dark Lord ask: Would you like to be happy, child, to be free? Free to love and to hate? To be what nature meant you to be, true to her laws and yourself only?"