Part 14: Homewrecker

"I was thinking about our next date..." Legs began. He and Asa were exiting the school campus, the school day having just concluded. "We could hit up the movie theatre. I heard they were doing a movie marathon tonight." Legs said. "We could watch scary movies nonstop until 2 A.M. for only 2,000 yen." Legs said.

"2,000 yen?" Asa asked. "Isn't that a bit much?" Asa asked.

Legs paused.

"Um-well... If you do the math and compare it to the cost per ticket for a single movie, there is a small net positive-"

"Wouldn't video rentals be cheaper?" Asa asked. "I don't want to go on any pricey dates." She said.

"Well-I mean, I could pay..." Legs muttered.

"I don't need you to pay for me." Asa said.

"So we're down for the movie?" Legs asked.

"No."

"???" Legs was beginning to wonder if women were real. "Do you at least have a VCR?" Legs asked.

"No." Asa said.

"THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SUGGEST VIDEO RENTAL!?!?!?"

Legs decided not to let that slip.

"Do you?" Asa asked.

Legs froze, making a face Asa couldn't quite read.

"I... do." Legs said.

"Then let's do it at your place. It's cheaper that way." She said.

"Wait, trust me, you do not want to go to my house..." Legs muttered worriedly.

"What, is that not good?" Asa asked. "We don't have to have a date then." Asa said.

"Wait, no!" Legs chirped sadly. He let out a frustrated groan, rubbing his brow. "Alright, you win. But I need to make a call." Legs said, pulling out a flip phone.

"Wait, you had a phone too-" 

Riiiiiiing...

...

Riiiiiiing...

...

Rii-

Click!

Legs raised the phone to his ear as the person on the other end picked up the phone.

"Hey, it's me. I need you to take everyone somewhere else, I'm bringing someone to the apartment." Legs said to the person on the other end of the line.

...

"Yeah, it's the girl..." Legs muttered, replying to the other person. "Throw me a bone here, alright?"

...

"What!? No, I'm not gonna-I don't didn't want Nayuta to fucking-" Legs blushed in response to something the other person said. "Just get everyone out of the apartment!" Legs barked. "...Okay. Mhm... Yeah, shouldn't be too long... Okay bye." Legs said, hanging up the phone. "Okay, we're good." Legs said, turning to Asa.

"Good." Asa said. "Then-"

"But I need you to follow my home's rules." Legs said.

"Rules?"

"Rules." Legs repeated.

"What happens if you break them?" Asa asked.

...

"Hypothetically speaking..." Legs muttered. "In the worst case..."

...

"You die."