Part 4: Recognition

On the streets of Tokyo, pedestrians walked, sporting merchandise of Chainsaw Man and his many colorful allies. On-street corners, people in cartoony costumes of the heroes of hell twirled signs detailing sales on bootlegged clothing. In the Tokyo skies, a blimp floated, showing a message that the heroes were nothing more than man-eating devils.

"Yesterday, our heroes Chainsaw Man, Frog Dude, and Blood Girl fought and defeated the Cockroach Devil, saving a cat and a car full of elderly citizens." A news anchor said, plastered on a large screen on a skyscraper. 

"I'm on the scene near the site of yesterday's battle!" A pretty news reporter said, waving at the camera. "Let's ask the locals what they think of Hell's Heroes!" She said.

-

"The Heroes? I'm a huge fan." A young father with his child smiled.

-

"Hmmm... I just can't accept them. I don't like them, I guess..." A businessman muttered, a hand on his chin.

-

"The heroes!? My entire class is obsessed with Chainsaw Man and Frog Dude!!!" A bubbly schoolgirl said.

"I totally ship them!!!" Her friend said.

"Chainsaw Man x Frog Dude 4 lyfe!!!" They cried in unison.

-

"Those so-called 'heroes' are doing nothing but stealing jobs from hard-working Devil Hunters." An older businessman said.

-

"I don't like them because of the property damage. The two boys specifically, they destroy buildings." A haughty woman said. "I can't deal with men who don't know how to take care of good things." She said.

-

"Dude. The heroes? They're the bomb!" A laid-back guy said.

-

"Too popular. It ticks me off." A schoolboy said.

-

"Don't they eat people?" A girl asked.

-

'They're devils. The devil hunters need to hurry and kill them." A man said.

-

"BLOOD GIRL, PLEASE STEP ON ME!!!" An... Interesting individual screamed.

-

"My friend got saved by them once. They're all good people." A college student said.

-

"I totes love the Chainsaw Guy. Chainsaw Man! If you're watching this, gimme your number!" A girl said, pulling out her flip-phone.

-

"They don't really exist! They're American propaganda!" A frantic man said.

-

"The heroes? They rule!" A man smiled.

-

"They saved a cat and some elderly folks, right? I bet they just wanted to eat the cat. Guaranteed!" An elderly woman said.

-

"BLOOD GIRL IS THE GREATEST AND STRONGEST AND PRETTIEST AND POWERFULLEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL BEING THAT HAS EVER EXISTED!!!" A girl with a long pink ponytail yelled enthusiastically, perched on the back of her sighing boyfriend.

-

"Can... Can we, like, come up with a better name for Frog Dude? One that's cooler? Also, stop being weird about Blood Girl, she has a boyfriend!" The boyfriend of our previous interviewee piped.