Part 12: Queen

...

"This..."

We return to the infinite aquarium, its endless halls still endless. Some time had passed, however. The tanks, once filled with bountiful fishes and crystal-clear water, were instead infested with green algae, the fish floating motionlessly as they decayed in the festering soup that was once their home. 

"Is the aquarium from hell..."

Asa thought.

"Once you go in, you'll never go out."

"The hallway goes on endlessly..."

"...And the clock hands don't move."

"You can't flush the toilets, and the fish started rotting in their tanks yesterday."

Asa, surrounded by water bottles, lay on her back in the center of the hall, staring blankly at the ceiling with a dead expression on her face.

"We'd have escaped by now if you hadn't broken that cellphone." Haruka, sitting with his back to a wall near Asa said unhelpfully.

...

"You're Chainsaw Man, why don't you fo something?" Asa asked.

"I'm Chainsaw Man? What are you talking about?" Haruka asked.

"The starter on your chest...?" Asa said, annoyed.

...

"Oh, that." Haruka sighed. "That's a surgical implant. It's one of the reasons they say I'm the man who comes closest to Chainsaw Man.

...

"Uh, what?" Asa raised her head.

"President of the Chainsaw Man subdivision of the Hero Society's highschool chapter. Runner up in the Chainsaw Man quiz show contest. Owner of every piece of Chainsaw Man merchandise." Haruka listed out different titles he owned. "I can't blame you for thinking I was him." Haruka said.

...

"So you aren't Chainsaw Man?" Asa asked.

...

"Heh heh eh..."

"Ah ha ha ha ha!" 

Haruka laughed.

"If I were Chainsaw Man, we could have broken out of this hellhole in no time!!!" Haruka laughed.

"Aaah ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!" 

"SAVE ME, CHAINSAW MAAAN!!!" Haruka cried helplessly to the sky. "I'M IN HEEERE!!" He yelled. "FROG DUDE, BLOOD GIRL, ANYONE, PLEASE!!!" He cried desperately.

"Gonna answer his call, hero?" Yoshida asked. 

"Didn't hear the fucker say Night Patroller." Legs said.

Yoshida and Legs stood side by side, staring at a fish tank farther down the hall.,

"Consumption killed Eternity last time. Seeing as (Y/N) is the one with Consumption, we can't use him." Legs explained. "If the Eternity Devil did show up, then I might be able to do something, but it hasn't." Legs sighed.

Yoshida reached into his pocket, pulling out a flip phone.

"You had one too?" Legs asked.

"Unfortunately, a signal alone isn't enough to get a call out." Yoshida said. "It feels like it's been over three days. If help hasn't arrived by now..." Yoshida said. "I'm guessing time inside the aquarium has stopped." Yoshida said.