Part 10: First Date

Legs let out a low sigh as he let the cold tap water of his bathroom sink pour into his cupped hands, gathering the personification of refreshment to serve as a way to alleviate the current stress he was feeling. He brought his cupped hands to his face, pushing the water into his face and sliding his hands up his face and into his hair, coating almost the entire front portion of his head in cool, icy water. He let out a satisfied exhale, feeling the water drip off of his face as he reached for a towel. He wiped his face clean and brushed some water from his hair. He slowly pushed his fingers along his scalp, guiding his hair along until he grabbed it in a bunch at the back of his head, tying it into his signature ponytail. This, besides whatever he chose to wear, was the only detail that set him apart from (Y/N) at a glance.

----------

Legs stood at the door, slipping on the final part of his outfit briskly. After about 20 minutes of preparation, he was finally ready for his first date. 

"Good luck."

Legs looked up as (Y/N) spoke.

"For what it's worth... Congrats." (Y/N) smiled.

He met (Y/N)'s gaze for a moment.

He really wanted to say something mean.

But this time...

"Thanks." Legs said smiling back. "I'll be back later. And for obvious reasons, don't tell Nayuta where I'm actually going." Legs said, departing.

"See ya." (Y/N) waved.

----------

Asa smiled awkwardly into her bathroom mirror, her hair now sporting a hairpin. 

...

"Forget the hairpin." Asa muttered, immediately removing the small accessory from her hair. She sported a white dress shirt topped by an unbuttoned sky-blue blazer and a black skirt that went down past her knees.

"You're so plain." Yoru said. "Can't you add some more flair or whatever?" The War Devil asked.

"My outfit's fine, drop it." Asa said, pushing her hair into the right place with her hand.

"You'll be able to turn that boy you seemingly despise into a weapon if he likes you... but are you truly capable of seducing him?" Yoru asked.

"Too easy." Asa said casually.

"How so?" Yoru asked.

"All boys are the same. They fall for anyone who can show them a fraction of a good time." Asa said.

"They do?"

"You wouldn't get it because you're a devil." Asa said.

"Hmm..." Yoru didn't seem convinced.

"Besides..." Asa trailed off.

"I'm pretty darn cute." She thought, once again smiling at her mirror image. "He'll be head over heels once we hang out for a bit."

---------

Asa stood in front of the Tanashi Aquarium, the decided meeting place between her and that guy she could never seem to avoid. At least this time, she knew he was coming.

...

Right?

She'd already been waiting for a bit, and he still hadn't showed despite it being the time they had agreed on.

There was no way that the guy had flaked on her, right?

"Asa, he's behind you."

There was no way that she could ever be left alone on her first-ever date, right?