2.6

The door opened and revealed a relieved looking Luke with a smiling Calum stood behind him, the light of the hallway shining over the tops of their heads, making them look like angels in a dark, hopeless night.
They manoeuvred me inside, and sat me down on the sofa before forcing me to call my mum to tell her I was okay.
'I'm.... I'm sorry I hit you.' I mumbled, looking down at my scuffed Vans.
'It's okay sweetie. I'm sorry I pressured you. I didn't mean to upset you.' She said, a reassuring smile visible in her voice.
'I don't want you to be scared of me.'
'I'm not scared of you. I'm scared for you.'
I went quiet after that, not quite sure of what I should say. After the silence, my mum told me she would come and pick me up in about an hour, and then we said goodbye and both hung up.
'Wanna play some Xbox?' Calum grinned, holding up a controller as Luke switched the TV on.
'You go, I'll watch.' I smiled weakly, sitting back on the sofa.
'Okiee dokiee.' Calum smiled, selecting a game on the home menu.
The minuets ticked by and after an hour of Calum and Luke constantly battling against each other, there was a loud knock at the door.
'That'll be my mum.' I announced, standing up.
Luke and Calum also stood up and stopped me before I could reach the door.
'Remember,' Calum said, his face stern. 'go easy on your mum, she's trying really hard.'
'Yeah, she only wants to help, Michael. We all wanna help.'
'I know, thank you.' I muttered, and slowly gave them each a curt nod before heading to the door. 'See you guys on Monday.'
I opened the front door and my mother was stood there, a small smile on her lips as I stepped through the doorway.
'Thank you, boys.' She called into the house, and after receiving a chorus of 'that's okay!' and 'see you soon Ms Clifford!' from Luke and Calum, she closed the door and we both headed to the car.
Our house wasn't too far away from Luke's but I could tell that my mum didn't want to be stuck with me for too long.
Vice versa.
Neither of us said a word when in the car, but when she pulled into our driveway, she stopped me from getting out as I went to pull on the door handle.
'Hang on, sweetie.' She said.
I turned to face her, the orangey light from the streetlights outside casting an odd glow to her face. 'I don't want you to get angry, I want you to stay calm, okay?'
'Okay.'
She shifted in her seat, so that she was facing me more, and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.
'Michael, honey, I'm worried about you. I think.... I think you're not very well--'
I cut her off with a sigh.
'Please, just hear me out.' She begged, her thumb gently caressing the back of my hand. My silence was a sign for her to carry on.
'We need a serious talk, Michael.' She said, her voice tainted with sternness. 'About Ashton.'
'What about him?' I said, my forehead creasing into deep frowns.
'He's dead.'