2

With my heartbeat thumping in my head, I slowly opened my eyes. I sat up and felt as if I were about to throw up. I groaned and massaged my temples, squinting against the bright, burning sunlight.
The sound of birds singing instantly filled my ears and I quickly scanned my surroundings. I soon discovered that I had passed out on the wooden bench, an empty beer bottle still clutched in my hand. I dropped it to the floor and stood up, even if it meant that I had to grab hold of the back of the bench to steady myself.
'How the hell did I end up here?' I asked myself as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time.
6:30 am.
'Crap, mum's gonna kill me. ' I cursed to myself, unlocking my phone, only to find that my notes app was open.
I quickly scanned the unpunctuated words on the screen and cursed again, a word too vile to repeat this time.
I'm kinda really drunk at the moment but you don't care do you you've never cared you've never cared about me or my feelings that's why you left you hate me deep down I know you do you probably don't even miss me
you mean so freaking much to me and you don't even care you left me you stupid piece of
'I didn't even finished the damn sentence.' I muttered, closing the app and going to my missed calls.
Luke (3)
Calum (5)
"None from mum, thank goodness." I thought to myself, dialling Calum's number.
'Mikey? Mikey, what the hell happened? Where did you go?' Calum's raised voice suddenly filled my ear after the third ring.
'Woah.' I groaned, pulling the phone away from my ear. 'Can you keep it down please?'
'We were freaking out. We couldn't find you anywhere. Luke thought you'd been killed or kidnapped or--'
'Calum!' I whisper-shouted, pinching the bridge of my nose. 'Keep it down.'
'No!' Suddenly Luke was on the phone and I sighed, sitting back down on the bench, my head starting to spin again. 'We have every right to be angry with you! You just up and left last night!'
'Luke, we were all drunk. What did you expect me to do? Have a chick flick moment with you guys?'
'Well... yeah. We were supposed to chat.'
'Yeah, and look where that got us.' I cried, pulling the phone away and pressing the end call button, instantly wishing I hadn't afterwards.
I thought about dialling back but that seemed pointless. Instead, I shoved my phone back in my pocket and decided to retreat home, the harsh words I had written to Ashton burning in my head.
I arrived home just as the sun was starting to warm up; a pleasant change from the previous wet day. I noticed that the curtains behind all of the windows to the house were shut. Hopefully, that meant my mum was still in bed.
I sneaked around the back and climbed up the trellis to my bedroom window, carefully pushing the glass pane open and slipping inside.
Pleased with myself, and my stealthy moves, I turned around to climb into bed when I was startled by the figure standing in the middle of my room.
'You, young man,' My mother growled, her accusing finger pointed at me. 'have some serious explaining to do.'