0.6

'Hi Michael.' Calum smiled as I made my way through the big double doors of the cinema.
'Hey.'
'You know, I'm a little surprised. I honestly thought you were going to say no. I mean, you haven't been out with us since Ashton...' Luke's voice trailed off as Calum awkwardly elbowed him in the ribs.
'It's okay. Since Ashton left. You don't need to be so fragile around me, I won't start crying.' I smiled- though I didn't feel like it- as the three of us went to buy our tickets.
We ended up watching some crappy action film but it was okay, because I got to see how strong Luke and Calum were. At least they were able to move on. I hoped with all my heart and soul that nothing would tear their friendship apart. Having your best friend ripped away from you is the worse pain you could ever experience. The feeling of loss, of emptiness. The feeling of losing all your courage and joy. It's like ripping half of your soul away, leaving you feeling like you've forgotten something.
I wouldn't wish that type of pain on anyone, not even my biggest enemy.
'So, what did you think of the film?' Calum asked when we got out of the dark cinema.
'Mmm, not really my thing but it was okay. I had fun.' I cleared my throat and headed towards the glass doors, my eyes only just adjusting to the bright afternoon light. 'I'll see you guys on Monday.'
'Woah, slow down!' Luke chuckled, grabbing my wrist to stop me from walking away. 'The day isn't over yet.'
'What do you mean?' I asked, frowning.
'Well,' Luke looked over to a smiling Calum. 'Me and Cal were thinking that we could go bowling, see if you still have that awesome bowling hand of yours.'
It was a nice thought.... but I just didn't know whether I could pretend to be okay for that long.
'Okay.' I said nonetheless, pushing all possibilities of escaping to the back of my mind.
'Great, awesome!' Luke smiled, looking surprised.