Ch 6: Speed I Am Speed

💛 Summer pov:

Finally it was the end of the day. The stares and rude comments I've been getting all day has really made me want to punch a hole in my locker.

I walked outside holding my back pack straps. The guys were standing at the side walk.

"So where are we going?" Ryder asked as I walked up next to him.

"Well I'm going home." I responded.

"Okay Cool. Get in my car." Carter said motioning to the Black Mustang.

"What? I said I'm going home." I said pointing to myself.

"Yeah and we're going with you." He said with a smile. Pointing to himself and the other three guys.

Getting in the car I sat in the back with Xander and Frankie.

"Your parents won't care that we come over. Right?" Frankie asked in a soft mellow voice.

"Um...I actually don't live with my parents."

"Oh. Well who do you live with?" He asked.

"I live by myself. My parents are travelers."

You could tell there was tension in the air. No one really knew what to say.

"So that means Summer's house is the new hang out. No more plastic covered couches at Xanders grandma's place." Carter said making everyone smile.

"She doesn't like stains. And my grandma is freaking amazing okay." Xander said thumping Carter on the back of the head.

"Yeah she is pretty hot." Carter replied shaking his head.

"I'm gonna kill you." Xander said taking off his seat belt to strangle Carter who was driving.

"If you kill him we all die." Ryder said trying to keep Xanders arms away from Carter.

While Carter was sticking his tongue out at Xander who clawed for Carters seat belt to strangle him.

I started laughing at the three boys.

"Are they always like this?" I asked Frankie.

"Always is an understatement." He replied by staring at the Mayhem in front of us.

"So this is my place. I know it's not the best looking. But it's home." I said walking up the stairs.

They followed me up. And I unlocked the door.

"Wow it's so clean." Xander said touching the counter tops looking for a speck of dust.

"Yeah I'm kind of a clean freak." I said to them hanging my keys up.

"Yeah it doesn't look like anyone even lives here." Carter said sitting on the couch.

"Anyway. Do you have any pre-fight rituals?" Ryder asked.

"No I usually try to take a nap. But today I'm suprisingly not tired." I said sitting next to them.

"Well what should we do for the next couple of hours?"

"I have an idea." Carter said with a sly smile.

"Why do you have twister in the back of your car?" I asked outloud.

"Just in case a girl wants to make a night to remember. You never know what kind of situations you can get yourself into."

"That's disgusting dude. Not am image I needed to see." Ryder said stepping away from Carter.

"Don't worry it hasn't been used. No one wants a magical night of Twister with me." He said laying it out on the floor.

"I call being the person who tells everybody what to do." I said sitting criss cross with the board in my hand.