Dinner

"We are going on dinner, with Vani's family."

Mom informed me as soon as i arrived.

"I am not going."

I said unbothered

"Oh yes you are going, Vani's mom is bringing a boy with her, she is vani's cousin. And you have to meet him. So dress properly."

She ordered me and left like my opinion doesn't matter.

"No i am no-"

Before i could say anything my brother came from somewhere

"You are coming, if you don't then i will tell mom that you got admission in a college."

He literally threatened me, and my mouth was shut. He Smirked and left while adjusting his tie.

I saw him leaving, i am happy he did because my hand wanted to scratch that smile from his face.

I have met Vani's parents so many time, i don't have any problem with them, they are fine untill they don't bother me.
And they bothered me last time.

Flashback

Manya's pov

"Oh, Manya beta, we never had chance to talk properly."

One thing is clear here they are manners less, A human should never disturb other when they are eating, and specially when human in front of you is introvert.

"Yes, aunty."

What do they expect? That i will go and sit in her lap? Or tell her my biography or something, I don't even know how to answer that question, okay we never talked so now what? What? Tell me?

"What are you doing nowadays?"

She asked with same enthusiasm, and here i am with 0 interest, i still don't want to disrespect her so i made fake expressions.

"Ah, actually i am writing a story."

I said, right now i am working on one of my novel that is published in present time now.

She made a disgusting face.

"No, i mean anything that help you in living?"

She asked me, i have no answer literally no answer. And if i have I don't know how to make her understand, and if i can then i am already tired to try, because her face says she doesn't want to understand. And I don't care.

She suddenly turned her disgusting face toward my mom

"Are you searching a boy for her?"

She asked in serious tone like i am some very important person for her and she actually concern about my marriage, like i have crossed age of 40 or something.

"We are, but she doesn't want to get married."

Maa told her.

"Oh, come on, every girl says it, because she feels shy talking about marriage, right beta?"

She was so sure that i am very shy, she was waiting to see my red face, and to hiding it with my hands with big smile, but all i did was looking at her with most straight face i have ever done.

I was looking in Vani's mother's eyes without any expressions, and other were looking at both of us time to time.

"Well, she must be shy-"

My brother tried to break the awkward silence

"No, i am not shy, i just don't like people poking their nose in my buisiness, if i am not speaking that doesn't mean i am shy, it just mean that I don't want to talk to you, simple as that."