𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤, 2

after i wake up and so does jeremiah, we go downstairs, hearing conrad talk in the kitchen. me and jeremiah look at each other and then we look back at him.

"yep. thank you." he said and the drops the phone on the counter.

"you want to talk about a plan b?" jeremiah asked, as we walked in the kitchen.

"there's no time for plan b, jere." conrad said.

"there's no time? come on, dude. is your ego really that big or-" jeremiah said.

"aunt julia is already here." conrad said.

"oh no." i whine and rested my arms on the table.

"what?" jeremiah asked.

"yeah. she got in yesterday. she's at ocean harbour." conrad said.

"you saw her?" jeremiah asked.

"i mean, we talked on the phone for about five seconds. she couldn't be bothered to come to mom's funeral. but she'll hop on the first flight to come sell this place." conrad said, opening his phone again.

"bitch." i whispered.

"i don't get it. why?" jeremiah asked. "what's the big rush?"

"it doesn't matter why. this isn't a game, okay? this is serious shit. so just go back to bed and let me deal with it." conrad said and then walked out.

"he says he's gonna figure things out but he hasn't figured out shit." jeremiah said, sitting down.

"can you talk some sense into him? You are the only person who can get through to conrad." jeremiah said.

"did you get your tux yet?" i asked.

"oh n... i still have time, right? prom's not until, like, the 2nd. uh, the 1st." i said.

"hey connie." mom said.

"hey laurel." he said as i continued to stare him, knowingly.

"rose, you can study better in an actual chair." mom said to me.

"no, i think better from up here." i said before looking at conrad.

"we also have to reserve a hotel room." i said to him.

"mhm." he said.

"wow. talking about getting a hotel room infront of me." mom said.

"mom." i warned.

"i must be a cool mom now." she said, standing infront of me and dancing.

"no, ew, mom, stop!" i laughed.

"remember, to swallow.." mom said.

"mom!" i yelled.

"your birth control pill, rose, what else did you think." she smirked and it felt so wierd talking to her about this."you don't want to get pregnant at 17."

"mom!" i yell again getting embarrassed. she laughs and walks out of the kitchen. i look at conrad, who was staring at the ground, unmoving.

"do you want me to order your tux?" i asked.

"no, no, i got it." he said, looking at me.

"okay." i mouthed and looked at my books. he walks close and i look up at him.

"is everything okay?" i asked, pushing his hair back from the side.