Chapter 9: You & I

"Jihoon..."

A voice said, startling him, and he cursed the universe, "Out of all the people who would be awake at this hour, should it be him?" He said to himself, turning back to face the man.

"Hi," Jihoon said awkwardly.
"Why are you still awake?" Suengcheol asked,
"I slept a lot earlier, so I am not feeling sleepy," Jihoon answered. They remained awkwardly quiet for a moment.

"Do... do you perhaps want to go on a walk?" Suengcheol asked, rubbing his nape.

"Now? It's 3 in the morning," Jihoon said.

"Yes, you can clear off your mind too," Suengcheol said, "And I want to talk with you," he added. "O-okay, let me drop this at the kitchen," Jihoon said, pointing to the bowl and quickly going downstairs with Suengcheol following behind him.
.
.
.

They went out and walked slowly side by side, with only the sound of waves accompanying them.

"Shua said the beach looks more beautiful at night with the faint light from the mansion and the moon, it was true," Suengcheol said, breaking the silence, and Jihoon nodded at him.

"I-" both of them started at the same time.

"What did you want to talk about?" Jihoon said, urging the man in front of him to continue talking.

"I don't know how to start, but I want to apologize first, I am really sorry, Jihoon-ah, for everything," Suengcheol said, turning to look at Jihoon.
"It's okay, Suengcheol. I forgave you long ago," Jihoon said. "I am also sorry for not understanding your situation and telling you those hurtful things," He added, looking straight into the elder's eyes to show he was being sincere.

"I lied to you and ghosted you for a year, I would have done the same. You don't have to apologize," Suengcheol said, and Jihoon nodded at him. They stopped walking a while ago to talk.

"Cheol..." Jihoon said, "Hmm?" Suengcheol hummed. "Let's not be awkward anymore. You know I am a socially awkward person, I dont want to feel awkward. Not with you," Jihoon admitted.

Suengcheol stared at Jihoon, "It must have been hard for him to admit this," he thought. His ex-boyfriend always had a hard time showing out his feelings and talking about it.

Suengcheol hummed, "Okay, I won't be. Don't be awkward at the trip, too, and enjoy yourself. I am happy to see you here," Suengcheol said. Jihoon confessed his feeling he should do it too.

"Let's be friends again then," Jihoon said, smiling at him. Suengcheol's heart fluttered at the younger's smile. He just nodded as an answer.

What happened next made Suengcheol doubt whether he would be able to stay just friends with his ex. Jihoon hugged him.
.
.
The walk back to the house was quiet. They reached in front of Joshua and Jihoon's shared room, "You should sleep now, Jihoon. Good night," Suengcheol said, smiling. "You too," Jihoon said and went inside.

___________________________________

Joshua woke up around 10:30 am. and took a shower. He considered dressing up, but he dropped the thought, not wanting to assume and get his hope high. Jeonghan may have said it's a date, but it might not be the kind of date Joshua was thinking about.

"Hyung," Jihoon said, making Joshua jolt in surprise. "Good morning. Did I wake you up?" He said softly.

"No, I was awake a while ago. What are you doing? You have been sitting on the floor staring at your suitcase, for I dont know... hours?" Jihoon asked amused, getting up from the bed.

"I was thinking of what to wear," Joshua said.
Finally, he found  his favorite oversized white shirt and paired it with baggy jeans.

"Are you going somewhere?" Jihoon said, looking at Joshua dressing up. "Yes," he said, buttoning up his jeans.