Chapter 5: Together!

[7:30 am]

Joshua was sleeping soundly when he got a call from Soonyoung, Joshua distanced the phone from his ear, but the other line only said, "Hey, hyung," "Hey, are you okay?" Joshua asked worriedly as Soonyoung sounded a little off.

"Hyung, I won't be able to come for the trip. I have group promotions going on, but I will be there on the 7th," he said, and Joshua now understood why he was ounding off. Soonyoung loves to go on a trip or partying, and it made him feel bad that the younger was not able to go.

"It would be boring without you, Soonyounggg," Joshua whined in a cute voice, "Awww hyung... Don't worry, we will be able to spend three days together," Soonyoung replied brightly, and it made the elder smile. "I have to go now, bye hyung. Enjoy," Soonyoung said and ended the call. At least he didn't sound as sad as earlier.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Joshua wore a white oversized shirt with grey sweatpants and stared at the mirror

"Joshua... it's only Jeonghan, your best friend, nothing else. It's been five years. You have to move on," he reminded himself.

*bzzzz *phone vibrating

"Cheol, what's up?" He said, checking his luggage bag(it's just a small duffel bag consisting of the necessary things for the week) for anything he might have forgotten. "I am waiting outside. Come out if you're done packing up," Suengcheol said, Joshua hummed as a reply and put down the phone.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Suengcheol was there waiting beside his car, looking very handsome, "I do have many handsome friends," he thought to himself, but he knows better than to say it out loud, so he smiled and approached his best friend.

"Hey, you didn't have to come. I was about to book a cab," Joshua said and helped Suengcheol put his luggage in the car's trunk.
"I wanted to. By the way, you are the first person to ride this car after me," Suengcheol said as they sat in the car and started to drive. "Oh really!... I am honored to be the first," Joshua played along with fake enthusiasm.

The ride was quiet until, "Why didn't you tell me Jeonghan and Miyeon broke up?" Joshua asked, "I forgot about it," Suengcheol simply replied, and Joshua knew he was lying, but he didn't press him to talk on that matter.

They were quiet for a while, "Was Jeonghan okay after that?" Joshua asked. "He was, I went to meet him right after that, and he was acting normal," Suengcheol said, "You knew that they got engaged, right?" Suengcheol asked, "Yes, I saw it on tv and articles," Joshua nodded, "The break up was also announced," Suengcheol said and looked at him as they stopped on the red light, "I was busy writing my novel," he lied.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Joshua remembered the day when Jeonghan and Miyeon's engagement was announced. He was simply switching the channels looking for some shows to watch and a news channel announced that the heir of Yoon Group is engaged with his long term girlfriend Cho Miyeon, the youngest daughter of Cho Minhyuk, the owner of Cho lawfirm, showing the beautiful picture of them together.

He froze for a moment and switched off the tv, and tried not to think about it. He simply zoned out and flinched when there was a notification on his phone,

Hyungie💜
Jisoo, have you seen the news?

Baby Brother♡
Huh?