Chapter 24

Happy reading guys! This one is short because I just haven't had any energy over the past few days. I apologise for that. Next chapter will be longer, and possibly the second last chapter of this book!!
So I'll leave you be :D

~

"I'm...confused," Ultra Magnus mumbled as he observed the Optimus Prime was so affectionate towards a human. It was strange...seeing his leader so happy. Usually he had a commanding presence. No doubt he still did, but his guard was let down.

"They've been together for a while now," Arcee looked up at the tall shouldered mech.

"That's so sweet!" Aries stated from beside Ratchet. Their servos were intertwined.

"They are watching us," Koda whispered as her arms tightened around Optimus' neck slightly.

A soft chuckle escaped Optimus, he went to let Koda down but then noticed her grip on him tighten, "What's wrong?" He asked nervously.

"My legs..." Koda's reply was barely audible.

Both of their azure eyes looked over at the woman's legs. Only now did the Prime realize that they were limp. The once strong muscled legs were unmoving, and they seemed a bit smaller.

"I should have done more than remove his cannon and blind him," Optimus growled and carefully set Koda down in the wheelchair.

"What's done is done, nothing more that you can do."

"But I could have done more. I should have known...Shockwave had a team that remained back on Cybertron after many of the Autobots left. He ensured that all of the remaining soldiers were terminated...If things had been different then you wouldn't–"

"Hey, don't beat yourself up! I'm fine right?" Koda gently cupped Optimus' cheek, he slowly nodded, "So let's not think about what happened then, and just enjoy now."

As a moment passed, Optimus looked at what Koda was wearing. Her usual cargo pants and black tank top. This time it was fitted with a leather jacket. With the name "Hansen" sewed onto it.

"Your jacket."

The woman's eyes went a bit wide then she started rolling away, "Come! There's something I want to show you."

The Prime's holoform fizzled away and he transformed and began following Koda. When she looked back she looked shocked then a grin appeared on her face.

"What?"

"You're a very tall, burly mech," She chuckled and faced forward again. As the two made their way down the road a bit the other Autobots and humans were just observing things play out.

"I'm surprised he took it that well," Wheeljack stated.

"Well he is a Prime," Bulkhead bonked his friend's helm.

"What's over there?" Miko was about to run after the twoo but was grabbed by Jack.

"Let them be Miko."

"So what's with the trailer? Wasn't it destroyed in the base?" Arcee asked no one in particular.

Smokescreen looked over at her, "It's...I think the humans call it a jetpack. Anyways it can transform into a trailer. Makes it easier to haul around."

Ratchet was making his way back into the hangar, even though he had limited tools he wanted to start work on something. It was going to take a long time to make, even if it was very small. He knew it would be put to good use. While he came up to the makeshift sick-bay he transformed and activated his holoform.