Chapter 7

Authors Note: So I've had writers block. And I wanted to give y'all something within 7 days. So here it is. Sorry if it's not up to standards of my other chapters. I thought a flashback would get me outta this bit. And I have an idea on how to finish this story! Cause there's gonna be more than one!!! Surprise :D
Anywho I'm running on a hour of sleep as I'm writing this and I've been up for I think 29 hours...SO ENJOY THIS SCRAP XD

Love ya!

As Koda woke she felt the cold floor beneath her and winced as she moved her arm.

"Why is it always this?" She mumbled as she rose to her feet and threw the throw blanket onto the bed. As she walked to the hallway she stopped and looked at her bed. Her quilt was still in place but the throw blanket was not. The woman smiled as she remembered what happened last night.

As Koda walked out of her room and down to the main area she heard another bot come out of their berthroom and walk behind her.

Once in the main area Koda walked up the stairs that led to the human area, "Arcee," She greeted the femme who'd been walking behind her.

Arcee gave a small nod of acknowledgement as she walked over to the Energon storage. Looking around, Koda spotted a familiar boy sleeping on the couch.

"Why is he still here?" The woman asked no one in particular.

"He was worried about you," Bulkhead replied as he walked past.

In that moment Koda's heart melted. She'd grown to like Raf. The young boy took care of everyone, but he always stuck close to the woman. Quietly Koda walked over to the yellow couch and carefully took off Raf's glasses. It was a weekend and he would most likely sleep in. The woman set the glasses on the coffee table and pulled the blanket over his body.

"Koda, may I ask you something?" Ratchet asked after the woman had stepped away from Rafeal.

Koda walked over to the monitor where the medic was at, "Shoot,"

"Your name has different meanings correct?" The medic asked as he stopped his work to talk with the woman.

"Yes. I would often get called Friend or Ally in the military base rather than my actual name. As that is what Koda means," Koda explained.

"I suppose Little Bear was only used by those who you considered family?" Ratchet asked gently. Unsure to how Koda would react. He did notice her tense upon hearing that name again, "I only ask because I noticed that in your picture frame Raleigh used that in his note."

A few moments pass before a small smile comes over Kodas face, "You're right. Only Chuck, Herc and Raleigh would call me Little Bear. After they...passed I never let anyone use that name. It hurt too much knowing that they weren't coming back."

The medic hummed. Then gestured behind her. The woman turned and saw Rafeal searching for his glasses. She walked over and handed them to the boy. Ratchet watched as they held a small conversation. Each would make hand gestures when they spoke. But when the two hugged for a short moment Raf waved at Ratchet and a small smile graced the medics faceplate.

"It seems you've grown fond of them, Old Friend," Optimus stated as he walked out of med bay. Feeling much better today. The Prime was itching to go on patrol. But would wait for Ratchet's consent.

"It seems so. Those two seem to share a bond of sorts. It seems like Koda is another parental figure to Rafeal," Ratchet turned to Optimus and noticed that he was rather twitchy. He did a quick scan and cleared the Prime for duty. Only patrols for a few days though.

"You guys be careful!" Koda told Raf and Bumblebee as they zoomed out of base. Before letting her shoulders fall. She walked down to her room and glanced at the pictures again, then at Gipsy, "Gipsy Danger...I gotta heal before I can do anything to ya."