Chapter 16

As I said in the last chapter. This one is gonna be kinda soft cause I just need to write something nice that makes me feel good on the inside. And I just want a sweet moment between Koda and OP before things get real. So why not have this be it? Not sure how long it's gonna be so enjoy! And thank you for reading this as it's not really a part of the story. Just something cute lol
Protective, caring, Optimus here we come. And nervous Orion hehe

The base was pretty easy going this afternoon. Aside from the rainy weather the day was going good. Though no one was complaining since they were in desperate need of the precipitation. But the bots were a bit angered about the road conditions. Optimus was working on finding some more Energon, while Koda was sitting with the kids. The three guardians were out patrolling. Once they returned they would drive the kids home as it was starting to get late. Meanwhile Ratchet was fixing some of his broken tools, thank you very much Bulkhead.

"Right! Turn right!" Miko shouted at Jack.

"I'm trying Miko, you try to race against Raf!" The black haired boy exclaimed.

Raf was sitting beside Koda and easily navigated the race track. Koda always wondered how the kids never got bored of the racing game. But she enjoyed seeing them being happy and crazy.

As the kids played the game Koda was trying to figure out why she felt so off. It was strange. Like her body just didn't want to do anything. But she forced herself to get up when Prime did. In the morning it wasn't as bad. Just a weird feeling but now it was like her lower half just didn't want to operate.

She was brought back to reality when she heard Jack huff angrily. Raf tossed his remote to Miko. Letting the two teens face off against each other.

The young boy hopped off the couch and walked over to Ratchet. The medic was a bit surprised but welcomed the boy's company.

Koda got up from the couch and walked over to Optimus. The red and blue mech stopped his work and let Koda hop onto his servo. He noticed she looked a bit off, though he didn't question it. Carefully he set her on his shoulder before returning to his work.

Neither of them spoke as time passed. They didn't always need to talk. Just be near one another to make each other's day better. Today was one of those days where they stayed silent.

About an hour passed before the roar of the Autobots engines came through the base. Arcee and Bulkhead looked miserable when they transformed.

"It's a damn cold night!" Bumblebee said when he changed forms.

Koda looked up from her spot and saw the rain running off of their bipedal modes. Making a few puddles where they stood. Miko and Jack abandoned their game to talk to their guardians. Jack didn't look very excited to be driving home in the wet weather.

"Anything to report?" Optimus walked over to the three bots.

"Zilch," Bulkhead replied. Arcee nudged the Wrecker.

"Nothing to report, Prime," She looked up at the Autobot leader, and noticed Koda sitting on his shoulder.

She gave a small wave which was followed by a yawn. Though Koda tried her best to hide it. All she wanted to do was sleep, but she wouldn't rest till the kids had left. It was just a habit.

A small sigh escaped the Prime and he dismissed the three bots. They walked over to see who was winning the racing game. By the sounds of it, both Miko and Jack were tied.

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing."

A small hand was placed on the side of Optimus' audial fin (like the round part. Or the lil spinny bit from bayverse XD *tries not to laugh while writing in front of family*) causing the mech to turn and look at the woman resting on his shoulder. A worried yet stern look on her face, "What's going on Prime?"