Chapter 10

The Autobots moved through the dust cloud quickly. They heard a loud groan. Not human, nor did it come from the bots. There was a big CRASH. The three ran towards the sound.

Bulkhead had remained behind to make sure Silas would stay put. As in knocking the man out. It made the wrecker chuckle a few times.

"Koda!" Arcee called out.

A moment later she almost walked straight into a huge servo. A small glow came from Jaeger's chest. Gipsy was still operational, just barely.

"She's over here guys!" Arcee called out.

A moment later both Optimus and Bumblebee arrived. The dust had cleared enough for them to see Gipsy's helm. Part of the visor was broken off. Koda hung there. Still attached to Gipsy's controls.

"Did that look cool?" Koda mumbled, though the three knew she'd suffered many injuries. It showed on Gipsy.

"It looked pretty neat," Bumblebee chuckled.

Optimus pressed a digit to his com-link, "Ratchet we require a ground bridge. Prepare med bay, and ensure June is brought to base. As well as Agent Fowler."

"Ground bridge is on its way," Ratchet informed the Prime. As he turned around he saw Koda slowly get up.

The Jaeger groaned in protest. Though the bots could barely hear Koda say, "Come on Gipsy, a little more than you can rest."

"Primus! Koda, is your leg okay?" Arcee asked nervously.

The Prime and scout both saw that Gipsy's left leg was nearly crippled. The main lines and support were the only thing keeping the leg together. But it looked as though it could snap any second.

"Hurts like hell but I'll be fine!" Koda replied. Yelling so the bots could hear her clearly. She looked down at the bots, "How are you guys doing?"

"Pretty good," Arcee replied.

Bumblebee gave Koda a thumbs up which made the woman smile.

Her gaze landed on Optimus, "In some pain but otherwise doing well Koda,"

"Good. Hey, that doesn't happen to be a bridge home does it?" Koda looked into the distance. The familiar blue and green hues of the ground bridge about 30ft away.

"Bulkhead, meet us at our location," Optimus told the wrecker over the com-link, "We have a bridge back to base."

"Well I suppose it's a good thing I came when I heard a big clang then!" The wrecker said as he walked near the ground bridge. Pulling the unconscious Silas behind him.

Koda was glad that they finally had Silas in their grasp. After all these years she could let the worry leave her.

The three guardians swiftly entered the ground bridge. Though it was a slow trek for Koda. Each time she would put pressure onto Gipsy's leg a fire like pain would run up Koda's. Optimus remained with her till they reached the ground bridge.

"By the AllSpark! What happened to you?!" Ratchet asked swiftly when he saw Optimus and Koda return to base.

"Safe to say Gipsy will need some repairs Dad," Koda said quietly as she powered the Jaeger down. The others were busy talking with one another. Though Ratchet and Optimus caught what Koda said. It warmed the medics' spark to be called that from Koda.

They'd grown close to one another since she arrived. And over the months their bond grew. They dealt with one another through the bad times. But also cherished the good times. Mostly when they fixed Gipsy Danger.