Chapter 18

Sorry for the absence!! I thought I was gonna be fine, just get right into my story kinda deal, right after school was finished. But I didn't realize how tired I was. I didn't realize how much my mind needed to recover. It was just overdrive for a good two months...It's been a nice couple of days. Just relaxing. I got some bins painted too. So that'll be some money rolling in soon. Thought my hand is super sore 😅 the bins that I painted this time round were so banged up a roller would do scrap. So it was a thick soggy paint brush for the win...and I didn't even have enough paint to finish the second 30 yarder! Even though I knew I wouldn't have enough, Grampie said I would be fine. HAHAHA nope not even close. Got one coat done on the second bin. But when dad came down with a iced cap that was what got me through the rest of the day XD anyways, this chapter was a bit odd for me to write. I hope you enjoy it, and stuff. And sorry if it's a bit crappy!

In the morning when Koda woke around 5am she let out an uncomfortable grunt. The ache in her back hadn't gone away. And what made the morning even better was that she was on her floor. The cold cement floor.

"Koda...Where are you?" The rather drowsy voice of Optimus called out. She heard her sheets being moved around as Optimus' hand searched around.

"On the floor..." Koda mumbled. She looked up at her bed and saw Optimus peek his head over the bed. A small frown on his face. Koda waved it off, "I told you this happens."

"I just didn't expect it to happen the first time we slept in your berthroom," Optimus explained, he didn't move from his position. He would wait for Koda to move from the floor.

"Yeah well, I would stick to sleeping in your chassis," Koda smiled softly. Then her face went serious, "Are you ready for today? I wish I could go with you..."

"As do I. But Cybertrons air is much too toxic for humans. Though you will be on standby incase anything happens. As you explained, Gipsy has the ability to store Oxygen in it."

"It would be enough, you know..."

"Yes, but–"

"But you don't want me to die," Koda chuckled as her azure eyes met the azure ones of Optimus. A very small smile graced his face. Koda threw her arms in the air for a moment while saying, "I knew it."

"You know everything Dear,"

"How many times have I asked you to stop calling me that?"

"Too many to count. And you will always have to keep asking me to stop Dear."

Finally Koda sat up and pecked her Prime on the lips before bringing herself to her full height. As she stood she rubbed her back, not even wanting to know how bad it looked. She mentally thanked Primus as she walked over to the fridge. Wearing Optimus' t-shirt. She turned on her speaker and let the music play. 

Koda grabbed a pan and set it on the stove before grabbing the eggs from the fridge. As well as the sausage and put those in a separate pan.

As the music played another voice matched the lyrics. A small gasp escaped her as she turned around. Optimus was laying on the bed and singing along while staring up at the roof.

"Now how do you know this one?" Koda whispered as she turned back to cooking. As one song ended another began. And once again Koda was surprised to see that Optimus knew this song. Especially this one. Rumor - Lee Brice. (IM CHEESY AF XD, but it's a good song)

Outside their door Miko was smiling , "That's so cute!"

"Yeah but why are they treating today like a normal day?" Jack asked as Raf followed the two out into the main area.